trying to catch up

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mydarxide, Mar 30, 2009.

Mar 30, 2009

trying to catch up by mydarxide at 11:43 PM (676 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mydarxide
    OP

Newcomer mydarxide Advanced Member

United States
    It's been a while sense I Checked in on the wii scene. I stopped shortly after gamma was released. Now I am wondering what I need to install to get back up to speed. What is the current cIOS? How can I play games that require IOS' from 3.3, 3.4 and 4.0 ( I know that latter is still in the works). How to install GC Loader (which cIOS does it use). How safe is preloader and will having cIOS' installed affect the install of it? will Preloader play GC backups? Finally where do I find a reliable source for cIOS and other required files) I know Cios files are banned from GBAtemp so if need be PM me.

Thanks for an help. I know its kind of a laundry list but I've been searching around for a few days without any definite answers.

2. mydarxide
    OP

United States
  3. nintendolinky

Member nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    well first thing get cios_ver9 installed, then use many of the tutorials to upgrade to 4.0, with the tuts available you will be able to install vc/wiiware games and transfer them to sd card. So you can virtually have as many games as you want. then install the ciso_usb beta 3 dip.dol and then add the usb loader v1.0 to your hbc channel and copy all your games to an external hard drive. Enjoy [​IMG]

4. mydarxide
    OP

United States
    Thanks [​IMG]

I've seen a few people having trouble with upgrade 4.0, and other people saying that there is little to no benefit to installing it. Other than SD VC games what else does it do? does it install all the newer IOS' and patch them? will starfall still work? if not what nintendo released IOS' have been released sense IOS51 and what games do I get them from?

GOD I sound like a noob. Shoot me plz.