Trouble with my 3in1

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by The_Dragons_Mast, Sep 5, 2011.

Sep 5, 2011
  1. The_Dragons_Mast
    OP

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    So I bought a 3in1 for my ds lite about 1 & A half years ago & I stoped using it since about 6 months.

Now when I opened it I started having some trouble. When I open exploader it says that it isnt set to use it every time & all games I open fail to save ( not save then later disappear it just says something like "save failed"). I then thought it might be the battery dead so I went & bought me a new battery and replaced it.

So now I was wondering if this is really battery related and I messed something while replacing it or did the sram die and I need a new one.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Sounds more like the battery up and died on you. Keeping it in a hot place can shorten the life of the battery.

Otherwise check your game save type:
    [​IMG]
    Some EEPROM save types require MANUALLY SRAM patching.

3. The_Dragons_Mast
    OP

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Hmm well I tried loading some roms that used to work pretty well before but now I get the "save failed" in 3 different roms that used to work normally. Also when I try writing a save file for those games from the memory card to the sram gba exploader gives me "SRAM save data not found Can't process to SAV file" error.

You still think it is the battery cause I never heard of battery problem causing save failing but if you say so I might get an already tested battery and try again.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    I'm not going to guess, you are. I am telling you what it COULD be, not what it is.

It is either one or the other or both.

A. The rom
    B. The battery

Use a volt meter to test the battery if you got any skills in that.

5. T.Kuranari

Member T.Kuranari GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I have the same problem. I removed the battery inside and hooked up two wires to both tabs that normally would hold the battery and connected them with a 3V accumulator to see if I can save this way. Unfortunately none of my games want to save which leads me to the conclusion that I kinda destroyed the SRAM while I was cutting out the battery from both tabs. But I don't know how that happend. Nothing is physically broken. At least I can't see anything broken inside. So why is SRAM not working?