Kraken64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just gotten round to trying CFW on my Switch. I have had it just over two years, it is on OFW 10.0.3.
I am using a RCM jig and TegraRcmGUI 2.6 to inject payloads.
Boot 0/1, rawnand.bin joined from 15 parts, prod.keys and bis_keys.txt all dumped and saved on PC.
Also have fuses.bin, ipatches.bin and kfuses.bin

I am also using a new 64GB SD card to be used just for CFW and my original 32GB SD card for OFW.
Injecting hekate_ctcaer_5.2.1.bin and Switch goes into the menu where I have created emuMMC firstly on a separate partition (Linux swap) which had been written to but when trying to change emuMMC the partition doesn't appear so reformatted whole SD to Fat32 and created emuMMC again to files. I select the newly written files from the change emuMMC but it always show as disabled no matter what. I have looked at several guides and read everything I can but none help me with this situation.

Early on in my attempts I got an error about being unable to derive package 1 or 2 or some other error but now just get a black screen.
The closest I have gotten to anything is on one attempt to dump package 1 or 2 I got a message about sept then it went to a splash screen with sept and a logo and I think at the bottom mention of Atmosphere but it only appears on screen for a brief second then goes black, on subsequent presses of the power button the same splash screen will flicker on then disappear till I completely power off. It seems to be on some sort of loop.
I have tried so many different things and different payloads that I can't remember it all. I have downloaded from sdsetup and from sources on GitHub but no difference.

Is my firmware too high? Should I place the new SD card into the Switch with OFW and let it format the SD card then redo from the start? Are specific files needed in specific places of the SD card? Does package 1 or 2 need dumped to enable CFW, there is no mention of having to dump either of these on any guide I have looked at?

Thanks.

Kraken64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update....

I have formatted the new card fat32 on windows, copied minimal files needed for Hekate to it then injected payload. Partitioned and formatted card in the tools section, one raw partition for emuMMC and one for switch data. Created emuMMC which is now recognised and enabled on SD raw partition but... cannot launch emuMMC CFW. I get an error about package 1 and or possible corrupt emuMMC.
I only managed to dump the package 1/2 after creating the emuMMC so currently re-creating emuMMC right now which took two and a half hours last time. Have to wait on that.

Can launch Stock sysNAND and eMMC CFW but I don't want to connect online at all with either of these. I want to use the emuMMC to reduce any chance of ban.

Kraken64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it is the first time. Trying to create the emuMMC again didn't work. Not sure if the problem lies with the emuMMC as the options to launch are:-

CFW - sysMMC (working), CFW - emuMMC (error/black screen), Stock - sysMMC (working).

Is it safe enough to use sysMMS with CFW or does anything you do on sysMMC be flagged to Nintendo when going online?
I don't know too much about it but my plan was to only use emuMMC with the new card and stay offline or use the DNS and if I want to go online (really only Fortnite that I play online nothing else) then use the original card and boot normally no RCM.

Also there is now an update to 10.0.4 that I haven't applied.

Kraken64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking around and not sure if anything to do with configurations/files. Prior to formatting the SD card in the switch I took a look at some .ini files and some were corrupt, just garbled characters. I copied across the backups that I had. But looking at some of the configurations, some had paths to non existent files or folders or the files resided on a different path.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your plan is to use your clean sysMMC for online play, then you need to setup an emuMMC for offline hackery. In fact, you should not be launching CFW with your sysMMC at all if this is your plan. Once you get emuMMC setup, you should keep it offline, or install 90DNS and/or Incognito to it.

If you don't care about online play with legitimately purchased games at this time, then you don't need to bother with setting up an emuMMC. You should just install 90DNS and/or Incognito to your sysMMC.

Edit: As for creating an emuMMC, are you following this guide?
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/

Last edited by Lacius,

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes it is the first time. Trying to create the emuMMC again didn't work. Not sure if the problem lies with the emuMMC as the options to launch are:-

CFW - sysMMC (working), CFW - emuMMC (error/black screen), Stock - sysMMC (working).

Is it safe enough to use sysMMS with CFW or does anything you do on sysMMC be flagged to Nintendo when going online?
I don't know too much about it but my plan was to only use emuMMC with the new card and stay offline or use the DNS and if I want to go online (really only Fortnite that I play online nothing else) then use the original card and boot normally no RCM.

Also there is now an update to 10.0.4 that I haven't applied.
I think I can help you, add me on Discord mokkori#1022

Kraken64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your plan is to use your clean sysMMC for online play, then you need to setup an emuMMC for offline hackery. In fact, you should not be launching CFW with your sysMMC at all if this is your plan. Once you get emuMMC setup, you should keep it offline, or install 90DNS and/or Incognito to it.

If you don't care about online play with legitimately purchased games at this time, then you don't need to bother with setting up an emuMMC. You should just install 90DNS and/or Incognito to your sysMMC.

Edit: As for creating an emuMMC, are you following this guide?
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/

Thanks, I will take a look at that guide. I have had a little success by creating emuMMC to SD files then launching from that, though first time brought up errors but is launching now. I guess I have to reformat the card anyway. The raw partition is no use using up half the card and most the other half taken up by emuMMC SD files. It takes a long time on the Switch logo (I guess it's reading from the SD card) before getting into the OS and then my SD card is unreadable by the Switch (would that be because it using the SD files as sysMMC), except that it is readable on stock??
It's working but not in a way I want.
May try a different SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/