braised_beef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I just received my Trinket M0 from Adafruit, before I get my hands dirty I have a few questions:
  1. Following @mattytrog's guide, from what I understand I just need to flash Fusee Suite part 1 and part 2 (Trinket link) and I should be good to go?
  2. I'll be using the latest Hekate 5.3.3, is this payload included in the Fusee Suite or is the payload being read from the root of the SD card?
  3. As a reference I'll be again following @mattytrog's install guide and installing all 7 wires. Is this the best setup for non AutoRCM?
Any tips are greatly appreciated.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, if you are new to micro-soldering please practice on a junk board preferably one that has just as small smd components. Keep wires as short and neat as possible. Use kynar or magnet wire 30awg to 34awg.

1. Yes flash part 1 then part 2.
2. Will boot from payload.bin located on root of SD card. Payload can be any payload you choose but needs to be named payload.bin. I personally prefer booting fusee-primary but you can choose what ever you want. As long as all required files there e.g. atmosphere, hekate... Your good to go.
3. If you install all wires then yes you will have chip based AutoRCM. I use dual boot which launches stock FW and if I hold + while powering on it will boot from my payload.bin. If holding + longer skipping boot brings up the menu.

Once you get the trinket flashed and installed read this over and over until you know how you want it to work. The thread should cover most of your questions here
How to fit the chip correctly is here
hopes this answers your questions

Last edited by kylum,
Reactions: braised_beef

jimh54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old trinket m0 that had the original flash. it will not show up in the pc no matter what i do to update it to the latest. I purchased another and have the same issue. How can I re-flash to original trinket stock FW so i can start all over? The new trinket did show up correctly after flashing part 1 but the pc can't see it after i flash part 2.
The old firmware would not go into DF2 mode. I believe it was too old for that ability.
By the way, i have all straps wired in.
Thanks

Last edited by jimh54,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb