Hacking Trimming feature.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if it dose you ca re put the rom on and disable the future i think but im not sure havnt played aroud with acekards ever yet

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
If you want to trim roms, use the NDSTokyoTrim, it's the best trimmer and keeps Wi-Fi data. I don't know how the Ak2 trimmer works because I never use it seeing that I always prepare files on my PC.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I think you misread it
trimming = deleting empty data, which is simple zeroes over your ROM
if your WiFI data is damaged by trimming, it means you used the wrong trimmer, because trimmer is supposed to delete zeroes, not WiFI data - I hope you get it
you got recommanded a well-done trimmer, however remember this : zeroes might be in between codes ("libraries") and therefore, deleting the "space" my screw the code, therefore I wouldn`t recommand trimming at all, but buying a larger MicroSD card
examples of screwups
"Hello world"
"Helloworld"

NESticle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I think you misread it
trimming = deleting empty data, which is simple zeroes over your ROM
if your WiFI data is damaged by trimming, it means you used the wrong trimmer, because trimmer is supposed to delete zeroes, not WiFI data

From what I understand (and I could be wrong) this is not quite true. The reason it breaks the wifi is because some roms use that empty space after you have accessed the game. The trimmer does it's job by trimming the zero space but the game needs some of it later on and when it's not there, it doesn't function correctly. Like I said, this is what I have read on several posts, but don't know for sure.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Some of the old trimmers just went backwards through the file removing $00 and $FF. If the WiFi data ended with a $00 or $FF it removed those characters as well and broke the WiFi function. Newer generation trimmers use an offset calculation to ensure that all WiFi data stays intact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.