TPL to PNG Batch Conversion?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jose_Gallardo, Aug 18, 2011.

Aug 18, 2011
  1. Jose_Gallardo
    OP

Newcomer Jose_Gallardo Member

United States
    Is there a method for converting many TPL image files into PNG format in one go? I recently ripped over 500 TPL images from a Wii game, and it would be pretty tedious if I had to manually convert them to PNG through ShowMiiWads. Any help is appreciated.

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    You can use a command line tool. I believe TPLMii from Leathl's Wii.cs Tools accepts command line parameters. Not sure of the exact usage, but if you know a bit about command line it shouldn't be too hard to work out...

3. Jose_Gallardo
    OP

Newcomer Jose_Gallardo Member

United States
    Whenever I execute the following command through CMD, it always gives me a "ERROR: Please enter an input and output file"

Code:
    tplmii.exe *.tpl *.png
    Even if I specify a single file, like name.tpl name.png, it gives me the same error. It works with another TPL converter, but it doesn't support batch conversion. I just assumed the same command would work with TplMii, but in the end, I'm not very command line savvy.

I guess now what I am looking for is the right parameter for TplMii.

EDIT: Ok, problem solved. I was able to batch convert my TPL files with pbsds's TPL.exe via command line using the following parameter:

Code:
    FOR %G IN ("path\to\input\folder\*.tpl") DO "path\to\tpl.exe" "%G" "path\to\output\folder\%~nG.png"
    I couldn't get it to work with TplMii, so I used the TPL converter compiled by pbsds. Thanks for the help.