Hardware Torrent Client Question

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't feel like making a new topic for such a small question but i was wondering does utorrent have a review plugin just like azeurus has?

Its always easier to spot fakes that way.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the 1337 private tracker i'm a member of allows only 3 clients. Utorrent 2.4.3(or something along those lines),Older Azeures, and BitTornado.

I use Bittornado. It's so friggin simple. I't ridiuclous.

But also the program doesn't affect your speed.

Your ports, and the seeders affet your speed.

However some programs will slow things down.. ike BitVomit I mean Bitcomet will give you junk data and send junk data bak to other users, slowing down the torrent..

GrayFox Cap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Gonzo, sounds like the tracker that I am on. Does it rhyme with EvolutionZZ?
biggrin.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I currently use 1.7.2 but 1.6.1 is what some people like because they believe since the sale they think it is "corrupted" to catch pirates but so far no one has shown any real proof.

@GonzoCorleone: Utorrent 2.4.3 you are probably thinking of Azureus because well utorrent is only up to 1.7.5

I have been using torrents for a bit over 2 years?

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uTorrent, no question. Simple and easy to use UI, and easy on the resources like others have said. I keep it running in the background at all times, just in case I have a sudden hankering for a torrent.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
uTorrent 1.6.1 is the safest client to use (and the fastest, I've pulled 1.2 megs a second down on it). All versions of uTorrent past 1.6.1 are developed by the company that produces the official BitTorrent client, the company that is in bed with the MPAA (take a look at bittorrent.com if you don't believe me). People say there is no proof supporting something bad could happen, but the fact is that when downloading/seeding, in addition to your connection to your peers and the tracker, there is another connection going out to an IP Address that is neither tracker nor peer. If thats not a red flag, I don't know what is. And if you don't believe it, download wireshark and watch for yourself.

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
uTorrent 1.6.1 is the safest client to use (and the fastest, I've pulled 1.2 megs a second down on it). All versions of uTorrent past 1.6.1 are developed by the company that produces the official BitTorrent client, the company that is in bed with the MPAA (take a look at bittorrent.com if you don't believe me). People say there is no proof supporting something bad could happen, but the fact is that when downloading/seeding, in addition to your connection to your peers and the tracker, there is another connection going out to an IP Address that is neither tracker nor peer. If thats not a red flag, I don't know what is. And if you don't believe it, download wireshark and watch for yourself.

That connection is the DHT bootstrap. If you run something that blocks that connection, you will notice that it can't establish a connection to any nodes for DHT. If you are really paranoid you can always turn DHT off. I do anyway since for the most of it, it is a pointless feature.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
uTorrent 1.6.1 is the safest client to use (and the fastest, I've pulled 1.2 megs a second down on it). All versions of uTorrent past 1.6.1 are developed by the company that produces the official BitTorrent client, the company that is in bed with the MPAA (take a look at bittorrent.com if you don't believe me). People say there is no proof supporting something bad could happen, but the fact is that when downloading/seeding, in addition to your connection to your peers and the tracker, there is another connection going out to an IP Address that is neither tracker nor peer. If thats not a red flag, I don't know what is. And if you don't believe it, download wireshark and watch for yourself.

That connection is the DHT bootstrap. If you run something that blocks that connection, you will notice that it can't establish a connection to any nodes for DHT. If you are really paranoid you can always turn DHT off. I do anyway since for the most of it, it is a pointless feature.

I have DHT off, next guess?

Edit: So I don't seem like some idiot, here is a bit more proof:

uTorrent 1.7, NO other torrents going other then 1 linux iso torrent, no other applications running (actually running in wine), separate dedicated IP = Mediasentry IP hits 36.

uTorrent 1.6, same torrent, same system = 0 Mediasentry IP hits.

Every version > 1.6.1 is Bittorrent Inc., which is directly in partnership with the movie studios. Viacom Inc.'s Paramount Pictures, News Corp.'s 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Palm Pictures and Kadokawa Pictures USA etc etc .

In fact versions > 1.7 don't even have the same developer doing it. It's all handled now by Bittorrent Inc's development. The original author (up to 1.6.1) is no longer even part of the project.

Right from uTorrent's FAQ

"Who makes µTorrent?

Ludvig Strigeus (ludde) is the original author and former maintainer of µTorrent.

BitTorrent Inc's developers are the current maintainers of µTorrent. "

You want to call me paranoid? Thats your opinion. But when 1.6.1 works just as good and doesn't have the potential to be sending information to a company known to protect intellectual property, why would I consider an upgrade?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Gonzo, sounds like the tracker that I am on. Does it rhyme with EvolutionZZ?
biggrin.gif

lol! slack bats...it rhymes with slack bats hehe
Wha...you mean blackcats? There's a list of approved clients a mile long there. Well it isn't really a mile, but it has at least, oh...20 different clients/versions of clients.

Me, I stick with Azueres 2.5.0.4. It's teh awesome, pre-Vuze, and it's allowed on BC-games lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up