Hacking Tips for burning backups???

moytb713

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried imgburn and Nero with no success. Tried SoftMii and Gamma Loader. SoftMii says that the disc is not compatible and Gamma gives me Disc Read Error 324 or something like that. Any tips?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moytb713 said:
I've tried imgburn and Nero with no success. Tried SoftMii and Gamma Loader. SoftMii says that the disc is not compatible and Gamma gives me Disc Read Error 324 or something like that. Any tips?

It helps if we know what game, and what media (Dvd Brand) you used, lastly what speed you burned on.

moytb713

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
moytb713 said:

It helps if we know what game, and what media (Dvd Brand) you used, lastly what speed you burned on.

I used a Verbatrim DVD+R burnt at 2x. I tried to burn Rygar and Also WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009. Sorry. I'm a total NOOB at this.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moytb713 said:
Sstew said:
moytb713 said:

I used a Verbatrim DVD+R burnt at 2x. I tried to burn Rygar and Also WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009. Sorry. I'm a total NOOB at this.

The problem is most likely the DVD+R go here

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129239

One of the sections, said Media, and it tells you how to change the booktype of your DVD + R to a DVD-R
( The Wii really prefers DVD-R's)
plus the guide is helpful with burning in general. Check it out it should help you

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As said before, use DVD-R as they seem to work better on the Wii and to avoid any burning errors, it is suggested to use 2.4x burn speed on ImgBurn. It may take a half an hour but it'll be worth it when the disc can actually be read.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Wii doesn't really prefer DVD-R over DVD-R, it's just, the booktype has to be either DVD-R or DVD-ROM. And 2.4 is not a DVD-R writing speed! If you have a new burner and good media, you are supposed to burn at least at 8x.

moytb713

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, well my crappy Dell laptop with the burner won't let me change the booktype to DVD-ROM, so I just bought some DVD-Rs and it worked fine. Thansk for the help guys!!!

Williamh85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ResilientNight said:
As said before, use DVD-R as they seem to work better on the Wii and to avoid any burning errors, it is suggested to use 2.4x burn speed on ImgBurn. It may take a half an hour but it'll be worth it when the disc can actually be read.
I'v burned all my games at 8x and had no issues what so ever
smile.gif
used Sony maxwell and vib. +r's U sued bitset but now I use all -rs

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ResilientNight said:

Actually, that not true... Just change the booktype to -R (minus R) (if your burner is capable of doing this the one in my laptop isn't).

I always burn +R with booktype set to -R, because I have 'bout 200 left. When I finish them I'll probably switch to -R...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: