TI nspire CAS homebrew

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by 8BitWalugi, Mar 21, 2011.

Mar 21, 2011

TI nspire CAS homebrew by 8BitWalugi at 3:39 AM (2,408 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    So I got a TI nspire CAS calculator and I've heard about it's homebrew capabilities, specifically it's GBC emulator. Can someone please brief me on how to install and run homebrew on my CAS?

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Since I don't have a TI-Nspire, I can't help you much.
    The only thing I know is that you'll need a program called Ndless to run homebrew C (or assembly) programs.

EDIT: Here's a link to the GBC emulator: gbc4nspire 0.8.
    EDIT2: I just found out that it makes a difference if you have a touchpad VS a clickpad. I heard that you'll have some issues with some homebrew if you have a touchpad.

3. ihackedit

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I have one too, but don't go trying to install complicated things on it because its a pricey calculator.

4. Guzzie

Newcomer Guzzie Advanced Member

Antarctica
  5. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    I have the touchpad on firmware 2.1.0. Does that help a bit more?

6. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    By the looks of it, Guzzie's link has daily beta builds of Ndless 2.0. There was supposed to be support for the touchpad in 2.0, but he's unable to add touchpad support right now due to him not having a touchpad. I guess you'll just have to wait.

7. Guzzie

Newcomer Guzzie Advanced Member

Antarctica
    You need to run Nleash to downgrade your OS to 2.0 (dont downgrade to anything less because 1.x isnt compatible with the touchpad series). Ndless isnt compatible with 2.1 yet.

Then you need to get the NDless 2.0 beta, run that.

This is supposedly a gbc4nspire executable that will run on the touchpad nspire. It was linked in the link I posted earlier, and only launches the first rom in the list. The developer foolishly lost the source, so dont expect an update anytime soon.

Just a note about this: I havn't tried any of this, I was too busy last term trying to pass calculus 2 to try any of this, but I have a clickpad CAS.

Also, TI just recently announced OS 3.0, and thats landing in April as a software update for all of the nspire line. So you might just want to wait on that.

8. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    Ah. I'll wait for 3.0 then.