Hacking Thinking about getting a different flash cart.

Advi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thing: for a while I've had an M3 DS Real, and I think it's pretty awesome, especially with Sakura/iTouch compatibility. I'm constantly playing with it, hell I even bought a premium set of earbuds to go with it recently.

But I've run into a little money: $100 Visa gift card from the folks for my B-Day.

Sooooooooo, I've been thinking: is there any flash cart hardware even better than the M3? Because I've been thinking of upgrading.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!!!

BTW I already own the GBA Expansion Pack so pleeeeease don't say that. LOL

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyclo ds evo or an Edge card.

Cyclo evo is the best of the best so far.

An Edge card is good for a cheap card. But there are others but i only know the card i mention.

I got the two card.
nds.gif

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have the M3 and the Expansion pack, you can't really do much better.
The only cart more expensive is the CycloDS, but the *only* feature I know of that the Cyclo has that the M3 doesn't is the In-Game text reader. But it's quite feasible that that will appear for the M3 at some point, as most of the in-game menu work as already done with its Real-Time save feature.
IIRC the M3 can play even the problematic GBA ROMs without any additional PC-side patching (Pokemon FR/LG/R/S/E, Advance Wars - clean roms, just ran from the M3 menu), as well as DS compatibility.

So I would say that you simply don't need to get a new flashcart.
yaynds.gif

Advi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
aphirst said:
If you have the M3 and the Expansion pack, you can't really do much better.
The only cart more expensive is the CycloDS, but the *only* feature I know of that the Cyclo has that the M3 doesn't is the In-Game text reader. But it's quite feasible that that will appear for the M3 at some point, as most of the in-game menu work as already done with its Real-Time save feature.
IIRC the M3 can play even the problematic GBA ROMs without any additional PC-side patching (Pokemon FR/LG/R/S/E, Advance Wars - clean roms, just ran from the M3 menu), as well as DS compatibility.

So I would say that you simply don't need to get a new flashcart.
yaynds.gif
Wow that's pretty good to know!

I guess I really shouldnt've sprung for the Cyclo in the first place after all!
yaynds.gif

BTW what on earth is an In-Game Text Reader?

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By bringing up the in-game menu (like for the M3 with the RealTimeSave) the cyclo can also view a text file. This is obviously intended to be for reading walkthroughs in-game. (it's referred to also as the IN-GAME-GUIDE).

Nah, if you want my personal opinion, you should stick with your M3 - it's a quality/legend/godlike/etc. cart.
biggrin.gif

Advi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
That's all it does? Wow that sounds really dumb. What the hell happened to printing out pages of the guide with a printer? Say, I think I have an old binder around here somewhere..........
rofl2.gif

Sweet, I'm just fine then. Thanks aphirst, you're an awesome member
bow.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My CycloDS Evo has never let me down but its pricey.

My friend likes his Acekard2 and its cheap.

Surexius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the R4 card!

But I was just posting on this a few days ago, most people recomended the cylco and acekard. I read the reviews for a lot of the different cards and have ended up getting the Acekard2.1. I'll let you know what its like when it arrives but the reviews and that seem to be very impressive!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s