Theme doesn't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Luigi728, May 28, 2009.

May 28, 2009

Theme doesn't work by Luigi728 at 7:33 PM (1,033 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Luigi728
    OP

Member Luigi728 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I know, this would be better to post at Softmii, but nobody helps, so I thought, I'll post it here, because there are many many people here.

I used that starterpack from MyMenu to customize my Wii, and changed the healthscreen.
    Then I used a .app of a slightly changed DarkWii theme.
    MyMenu is complete, I installed the .csm...
    Everything of the DarkWii theme was the same, except the board and the empty channels.
    Board: White
    Empty channels: Darkgrey.
    But that's not what I changed! I changed the healthscreen, but that's stil the original..
    (The healthscreen in the package was english and my Wii is dutch)
    What am I doing wrong?

(PS, what size should a background be for 16:9?)

2. BuckMcCoy

Newcomer BuckMcCoy Member

Canada
    The health screen picture from that package is probably just for english. Each language has its own health screen:

http://www.fathertom.net/hardwii/systemdum...h-Breakdown.htm

So you'll need to copy it_Has_a_EU_ENG.tpl and it_Has_b_EU_ENG.tpl and use them to replace it_Has_a_EU_NED.tpl and it_Has_b_EU_NED.tpl respectively.

3. Luigi728
    OP

Netherlands
    Thanks! Do you also know why some colors I didn't changed were screwed up?

4. screwx

Newcomer screwx Member

Venezuela
    I actually just tried installing a theme for the first time and it happened to be the DarkWii theme. I created the .csm myself using the steps on the wadder wiki for mymenuify and it bricked my wii after installing. Everything still works thanks to preloader so I highly recommend you install it before you mess with your system menu.

I'll have to go over everything and find out what went wrong. I thought everything was pretty straight forward yet it failed badly. Oh wellll.....

5. Jizmo09

Member Jizmo09 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most of the themes made by myself and other softmii members use a single health screen modified health.ash file. It shares a single it_has_a.tpl and it_has_b.tpl file for all regions. This cuts down the size of the .app file and streamlines the machine. So with the softmii themes regardless of your region you will see the US English Health screen. Which is almost always just a Simple Press A message of sorts anyways. The DarkWii theme on SoftMii was not made by us so I cannot attest for how it works with other programs. I do know that It loads up and works. Both the one in the Themes section (older one) and the one on the forums.

BTW, the SoftMii themes converter is in the Downloads section and will take an existing .app file and rip all the modifications out of it into a .mym file. The resultin .mym file is region free, but is System Menu version specific.

If you need to know how to edit the system menu without having to rely on neophyte tools you can find me on IRC in #softmii on EFNET. If im not there just Idle and wait till I am.

As far as the Background goes. Im going to assume your talking about the Message Board background. That is my_BackPic_a.tpl located in board.ash. The default my_BackPic_a.tpl is an 8x456 resolution image that is tiled to create the background. Many of the softmii themes have a custom brlyt file that lets that file be replaced by a 544x408 resolution image that is then stretched to fit the background.

6. Luigi728
    OP

Netherlands
    Ok, so it's region free.
    But what's the problem then?
    Other things I've changed are working (Altough still prooblems with transparency) but not even a screwed up healthscreen, no, just the normal (Dutch) healtscreen...

(Can someone share that modified brlyt file with me so I can use a background pic? Thanks in advance!)