The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by ShadowSoldier, Sep 4, 2012.

Sep 4, 2012

The Walking Dead by ShadowSoldier at 3:26 AM (1,950 Views / 0 Likes) 39 replies

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    So with Episode 3 just released, "The Long Road Ahead", I'm curious as to what you guys are thinking about the games so far. I haven't played much of Telltale Games such as Back to the Future or Sam and Max, but I'm really liking The Walking Dead.

I'll admit, it takes me a while to get into each episode, but once I do get in, I play through it. I just finished episode 2 and waiting to get some cash to buy the other episodes on the PS3. I'm really liking the artwork style.

What have your decisions been like in the game? Have you been siding with Clementine and being a good guy, or have you been a dick and just looking out for yourself?

:arrow: AMC's The Walking Dead (TV Show) Discussion

2. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I played through the first two episodes, though it will be some time before I can get to my Xbox again for the next ones. They're pretty good, and well worth the money, but some of the conflict is so damned contrived.

Kenny, Lily, we would literally have no problems if you could both just shut up for five seconds.

3. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Oh I know, I used to side with Kenny because of Lily's father, but Kenny is just being a huge dick I'm tired of sticking up for him. He's being a douche bag to everybody, even when he does wrong he thinks he's right, so he can suck my wang.

4. Gahars

United States
    I had that problem. We were as thick as thieves in episode 1. Then Episode 2 comes around and he hates my guts for wanting to wait 5 seconds before jumping to murder.

5. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Episode 3 is amazing so far. A lot of shockers. You should buy it, probably the best episode so far.

6. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    I haven't bought any, I've been pirating simply because the long ass waits... I'd hate to pay for it and lose interest =/
    Either way, I was so upset about
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia

8. Gahars

United States
  9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Definitely the best thing Telltale have done, normally I lose interest after the 3rd episode but with this series I finish it with one sitting and can't wait for each episode, I even replay them making different decisions The writing is pretty good and so is the voice acting, the people behind the TV show should get these writers instead.

I'd hardly call it a game, aside from the odd moment it feels more like a interactive movie.

1 person likes this.
  10. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Just downloaded episode 4. I can't wait to play it. I will find Clementines parents!!!!

11. gifi4

Australia
    Just finished episode 4... Absolutely brilliant and

12. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    I agree, much much better than episode 3.
    -Huge spoilers for episode 4, i warned you-

13. gifi4

Australia

14. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I found Episode 4 to be really boring, it's the only one that I didn't finish during one sitting because it was just so "bleh". Really is the worst one out of the lot.

15. gifi4

Australia
    My biggest gripe with the game series is that Telltale has marketed it as "Tailored to your choices". However, that is entirely false. No matter the decisions you make through the game, the ultimate outcome will be the same, take
    I want to see a game that, if you let a character die or something that was caused by your decision, it can and will ultimately change the outcome of the game. It CAN be done, it's just a huge amount of if statements. It would be a pain to develop a game like TWD doing this but it would be great. Basically, it could branch off to different outcomes. If there is an if statement at the very beginning then the outcome has increased to 2. From those 2 outcomes, you can give if statements to them and then you could end up with even more outcomes.

Doing that could essentially create one huge game that could easily have a hundred different outcomes.
    You follow me?
    Something like that would interest me in a world like TWD.
    Anyway, still hanging out for the final episode of the season, hopefully it turns out to be amazing.

16. Gahars

United States
  17. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    I saw that there was a new post in this thread and I was like "please be about the release of the 5th episode!"

You, good sir, have just made my day.

Or to think of it another way, you've just made my next 5 days a living hell of waiting. In that case you're a jerk :angry:

I liked how in Heavy Rain if a main character dies, it's not "game over." The story still goes on. It would've been interesting if they made TWD like this. For example if Lee dies, the game merely continues from the perspective of another character.

18. gifi4

Australia
    That fucking season finale.
    It was the greatest.
    Saddening, yet extremely hilarious and entertaining at the same time.
    To anyone who plays it, make sure to stick around 'til after the credits, a "teaser" into the next season (Just like movies).

This game was absolutely brilliant. I truly am looking forward to the next season.

Densetsu likes this.
  19. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    I've been trying to get it. I bought a PSN card, but everytime I put the code into the PSN store for $20.00, it says "an error has occurred". I think the guy at EB Games scanned the wrong bar code and didn't activate my card. I'm severely pissed off. I BOUGHT THIS CARD #ForClementine !

(hows that?)

20. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Does this have anything to do with the comic books? I'm reading the comic books atm, pretty entertaining I must say. Read 20 in the past 4 days.

And the series, is that based on the comic books?