ROM Hack The Splatoon 2 updated save is encrypted

Leanny

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
:huh:?
Umm, yeah, the save is encrypted with a key.
The key is not static but dynamic though. Its generated based on some info in the savegame.

Is your brain in your middle toe?
The entire contents of the save is encrypted with an AES256 key, with a CRC checksum in the header.
That is... wrong. It uses an AES128 key.

Reactions: Wobba and Arck

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Flashpass

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a script for decrypting it. You apparently need the location of where the save is stored on your system to generate the key to decrypt it, though (something I'm working finding, myself. I'll get it soon enough, but this a a little outside my normal venues when dealing with code/save edits)

MegaMagikarp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
there's a script for decrypting it. You apparently need the location of where the save is stored on your system to generate the key to decrypt it, though (something I'm working finding, myself. I'll get it soon enough, but this a a little outside my normal venues when dealing with code/save edits)
uh, no. You only need the path to decrypt encrypted romfs files. All the information needed to decrypt the save in in SciresM's script.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh, no. You only need the path to decrypt encrypted romfs files. All the information needed to decrypt the save in in SciresM's script.
as expected, I was misinterpretation the 'tip' on the github for the scriesm script. Apparently my Crypto.Cypher AES resources were somehow installed as 32 bit (if I'm reading this error right) fixed that. just need it to recognize the save as an encrypted splatoon 2 save

Last edited by iSharingan,

Khangaroo

$ORIGINALTITLE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as expected, I was misinterpretation the 'tip' on the github for the scriesm script. Apparently my Crypto.Cypher AES resources were somehow installed as 32 bit (if I'm reading this error right) fixed that. just need it to recognize the save as an encrypted splatoon 2 save
uh what? i assume the tip was my comment on the nisasyst script, which is totally different from the save decryption script

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But other than PC and Amiga ports I don't think Time Soldiers had any game system ports after...