Android The Ouya

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere you could vote for the games to appear on this, and Skyrim/CoD was one of them?! How are they going to pull that off, legitimate/hardware wise?

You can vote for the games here.

The survey is more of a way for them to manage what is most important on their system. Just because Skyrim is on that list, does not mean it will actually be on the console when it comes out. Although they may be able to get these things running in a low-end sense. I think it is easy to state that it will be impossible for them to run Skyrim on this device, not due to processor or graphics, but pure space requirements. Skyrim installed on Xbox is 6 GBs, installed on PC it is even larger. This device comes with only 8 GB of memory, I cannot imagine that being enough space for a skyrim port to android, so that is a pipe dream to say the least.

Anyways, they want to know what they can get on their devices. If you look at the list, GTA is also on that list, but GTA is also already on android in some form. So they will be able to capture some of the consumers desires. Plus, none of these developers said they would be developing for Ouya except I think Minecrafts Majong.

What games would you guys like to see on a device like Ouya?

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay ty Vinnymac!
I would like Super Mario and Mario Kart to appear on the Ouya! Those games are real console games IMHO, Mario Kart definitely.
Alright you download the snes emulator and roms and map controls to the controller, all android emulators will run on this thing.

Reactions: 2 people

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay ty Vinnymac!
I would like Super Mario and Mario Kart to appear on the Ouya! Those games are real console games IMHO, Mario Kart definitely.
Alright you download the snes emulator and roms and map controls to the controller, all android emulators will run on this thing.
you__ve_been_lawyered_by_i_believe_in_matrix-d2zbky0.jpg

:(

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I believed I'd have $99 when the kickstarter ends, I'd go with that. But right now I've only pledged the $25 I'm sure I can spare.
Yves' design looks amazing.
I have seen a lot of positive comments from indie developers, but I only think that the AAA devs will really support the Ouya (with optimized games, even ones that exist already in the Google Play store) if the shop's ease of use exceeds the "open" easy-piracy design. They are putting a LOT of planning into maximizing the game market for all parties involved, without actually locking the hardware.
Perhaps they'll think of incentives other than DLC for paid licensing -- such as restricting leaderboards on full version games to people who have disabled root access. I would really not appreciate leaderboards where cheaters can potentially skew rankings, and many feel the same way. I am sure their staff is being bombarded with ideas like this, and more, to entice the AAA studios.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it