Gaming The Mario Maker 2 Conspiracy

Pleng

Custom Title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So the review embargo on this title lifted recently which means Youtube is starting to see a lot of reviews being posted.

Prior to review copies being in people's hands one of the biggest buzzes was "guess what the other additional game style aside from 3D World is going to be". In the reviews I've seen, while the 3D world style is talked about a lot, there is no mention of the empty slot next to it on the UI. Every review mentions how the map resets when you switch between 3D world and the traditional styles which to me seems an ideal opportunity to mention the vacant menu item (it still appears empty in the footage being used for reviews....). Even if they were none the wiser you'd think the reviewers would say something like "and we still don't know why there's an empty space next to the 3D world style". But they don't even acknowledge the question that they've been repeatedly asking in every build-up video preceding their review.

WHAT DO THEY KNOW? Do they have inside knowledge of a day 1 update that they're still under an NDA agreement for, preventing them from mentioning it. Or have they all "just happened" to forget to cover one of the most talked-about points of the game in their rush to get a review out.

Either way in 24 hours from now we'll know. I'm hyped for this game!

Pleng

Custom Title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm pretty sure that people who have leaked copies have no inside information. That wasn't the point of the post at all.

There are people out there who have legitimate review copies and have been spending weeks debating what the second alternative game style might be in all their build-up hype videos. And said people have been completely silent about the issue when they finally have a review copy.

It's clear from the video clips of the review copies that there's nothing there. What's not clear is why not a single reviewer has acknowledged the fact that there's nothing there. Unless they know something we don't...

Pleng

Custom Title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I stand corrected. I just watch whatever YouTube throws at me and it must not have sent Kotaku my way. I'll check it out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol