Hacking The Definitive vWii Hacking Guide!

whitephoenix00ZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, I'm going to write you out a guide, but this is a bit of a painful process, and it can potentially cause things to get worse if we don't do it exactly right. So I'll need some time to get the proper files for you and I want to confirm with Cyan that I will be instructing you correctly. Look for a response late tonight or sometime tomorrow, I think we can get you fixed up. I will be PM'ing you with the solution, I don't want anyone else to be trying this, as every case can be slightly different and require a slightly different fix, and I will also need to get your Skype or email in a PM, as the files I need to give you technically aren't allowed to be posted anywhere on this site.

Alright, sounds good. Now, PM means 'Private Message', am I correct? And if so, how do I PM you? (You probably think I'm an idiot for asking:sad:) I'm afraid I don't use my profile for much else besides texting on the forum, plus I'm new and not used to online chatting. I'm sure it's probably very simple (duh me). Thanks.

Last edited by whitephoenix00ZX,

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you are logged in, you should see an email icon up in the top right of the webpage, click it, and in the dropdown box that appears after a second or two of loading, hit "Start New Conversation." Then you will be given a text box to enter a forum member's name in. Put in my username (CJB100). :)

whitephoenix00ZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you are logged in, you should see an email icon up in the top right of the webpage, click it, and in the dropdown box that appears after a second or two of loading, hit "Start New Conversation." Then you will be given a text box to enter a forum member's name in. Put in my username (CJB100). :)

Okay, got it.

whitephoenix00ZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you get the PM? I just want to make sure you did, you can just say yep if you did. And I don't think I had to put my username with yours after all, but hopefully that won't change anything.:unsure:

D

Deleted User

Also, are there any files in that folder without a .wad extension?
No, but there were files called ._hbc.wad and ._usbgx.wad, those were the faulty files.
Those files are left over when you use a Mac to copy to FAT32 file systems (because that metadata cannot be embedded inside the actual file).
Stupid problems have stupid solutions.

All is working. Thanks for the tip, I would never have remembered that myself. :P

Reactions: 7Robins and CJB100

ericwasright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a really stupid question, but maybe someone can help me out. I followed the tutorial and maybe I'm formatting my card wrong, but for some reason the vWii is recognizing that there's a card there, but it says it can't be used. Am I missing something?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a really stupid question, but maybe someone can help me out. I followed the tutorial and maybe I'm formatting my card wrong, but for some reason the vWii is recognizing that there's a card there, but it says it can't be used. Am I missing something?
What did you format your card to, using what program? And what size card is it?

Also, what are you attempting to do (run homebrew, or just use vWii normally)?

ericwasright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you format your card to, using what program? And what size card is it?

Also, what are you attempting to do (run homebrew, or just use vWii normally)?

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I formatted the card (I'm using the 2gb card recommended in the post) using windows formatter. I'm using trying to install homebrew using the Eri HaKawai method

CJB100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I formatted the card (I'm using the 2gb card recommended in the post) using windows formatter. I'm using trying to install homebrew using the Eri HaKawai method

Did you format it to FAT32? Also, is it in read-only mode? There's a switch on the side of the SD Card, see if that affects anything. If you already tried to use FAT32, then try FAT16 if you have the option.

What exactly is your error and when does it appear?

antiswirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to confirm that my new SanDisk 128GB card works for both Wii U and vWii mode.

SanDisk
Model: SDSQUNC-128G Micro SDXC Ultra Class 10 UHS-I
Model nr.: SDSQUNC-128G-GZFMA
Price: about 39€

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to confirm that my new SanDisk 128GB card works for both Wii U and vWii mode.

SanDisk
There's no definitive way to know whether it will work until you test it. There's no reason that it wouldn't work though, but if you want to stay on the safe side, I'd get a non XC card. They've been none to sometimes cause issues. Regular non XC cards will work though.

Reactions: CJB100

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe people get confused by the fact they need two sd cards for vWii mode,realistically.
1) older sd card (smaller 2gb or less)(YMMV) to launch exploits from game discs
2) a larger faster sd card (or microsd card with adapter that is 200gb or less) for everything else.

So when they ask "will this work?" , they are not clear if they mean "for everything?" or "for everything after it is exploited?"

Reactions: 7Robins and CJB100

CJB100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SanDisk

It will work after you put Homebrew Channel on your vWii. To put the Homebrew Channel on your vWii, you will require a non-HC non-XC SD Card. There is a link to the recommended card in the guide. These cards are typically 2GB or less in size.

CJB100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's stupid to ask this question but i cant find any disk wii in my area...
Can i use burn disk ???

No. The original Wii can read burned discs once hacked, but it also doesn't require a game to hack it. The vWii on the Wii U absolutely requires a game as listed in the guide. Click on the game's boxart in the original post and you will be taken to an Amazon search for the game in question, and many of them go for $2 -$15 plus shipping, which is like $3.

nokia2100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The original Wii can read burned discs once hacked, but it also doesn't require a game to hack it. The vWii on the Wii U absolutely requires a game as listed in the guide. Click on the game's boxart in the original post and you will be taken to an Amazon search for the game in question, and many of them go for $2 -$15 plus shipping, which is like $3.
My wii u is region eu. Game discs need the correct region?

CJB100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii u is region eu. Game discs need the correct region?

Correct. You will need the correct region of disc and correct region of hack file. Confirm that the game you want has the proper hack files, as not every game has every region. I believe all the LEGO games have multiple region saves to copy, and Smash Stack, Yu-Gi-OWNED! and Tales of Symphonia's hack have region specific downloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.