Homebrew The best replacement for freeshop

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So someone suggested using a ROM site as the path for free shop to get games.. I have a better idea...

What if someone were to make an app, that could hack into eshop or generate keys to buy eshop cards lol... Then there would be no need for free shop. But I'm sure a lot of ppl would abuse it and get new funds too often or generate big cards etc.

D

Deleted User

So someone suggested using a ROM site as the path for free shop to get games.. I have a better idea...

What if someone were to make an app, that could hack into eshop or generate keys to buy eshop cards lol... Then there would be no need for free shop. But I'm sure a lot of ppl would abuse it and get new funds too often or generate big cards etc.
First off, that idea of generating cards wouldn't work. It just wouldn't. And I don't have a second off.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude there's ways to generate credits on survey sites, I'll just look myself. But I'm sure there could be a way to trick the eshop by some 3ds app

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Villain3ds is a thing

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get it that freeshop must have been easy to use but I never had the urge to directly steal a game from Nintendo's servers. A little too brazen for me. I've gotten along just fine grabbing a game from some other source and dropping it on my sd card. It's not that hard.

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nearly impossible, and is more illegal than piracy itself. Really the best option now for piracy is to make a app that gets cias directly from a rom site. That's about it. This really does sound like a shit post really.

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: No
Long answer: No
*Long answer: Nope

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, lets be real here, hacking the eShop for funds are pretty impossible. They most likely don't even store it on there, its probably on a different server, and even then, the eShop does a check for those keys, checking the actual individual character in the key. Also, Nintendo could essentially flag those too.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well I was referring to a key generator, but yes I'm sure big n had been anticipating that from day 1

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well I was referring to a key generator, but yes I'm sure big n had been anticipating that from day 1
I'm pretty sure a key generator wont work.

Gotta think posts through more EDIT: I don't remember a time any key generator ever worked. Those just put you down an endless survey rabbithole.

Last edited by Itzumi,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Where piracy is a gray area in some cases, this is outright a "black area" and is super illegal as shit. Nintendo would swing the hammer down on you as absolutely hard as they could.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That generously assuming that you don't get sued, which you absolutely will.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
generation is impossible.

The only thing that would work is a central repository of CIAs like the one read by the Homebr3w app.

and then nintendo would DMCA it.

They WON.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
generation is impossible.

The only thing that would work is a central repository of CIAs like the one read by the Homebr3w app.

and then nintendo would DMCA it.

They WON.
No need to revive just to repeat what's been said already:P But repositories exist all over, in my bookmarks alone I have 12 repositories, on top of my private GDrive and MEGA filled with backups, so Nintendo hasn't won, just made it a tiny bit harder to get games, but a simple google search or look through a repository and you can find it, then install it. If you have a card reader around, it's not even that slow, if anything, higher bandwith on computers can make it faster overall for large games. On a 2DS I get like 400KB/s average (sometimes 600KB/s) while on PC I can hit 1.6MB/s for example, so even if I have to install after, it's still faster, so if anything, Ninty promotes using the faster method, even if it may seem cumbersome, THEY lost:rofl2:

Reactions: BetterDuck

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm well aware that you can download, copy and install.

but people want a one stop application where you go through the list, pick the game, it downloads, and auto installs it.

that will never happen again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1