Status
Not open for further replies.

onnihs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here's my entry. I've drawn it from scratches using the european boxart of The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks as a model.
Hope you like it.

Reactions: 2 people

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been a lurker for a long time but I've been visiting this site since I joined.
Anyway, here's my Tempmas 2011 Entry... I've been working on this one since the contest was announced.
Everything was drawn from scratch and made by me. Even the background.

Here's the front view of the card:
gallery_176150_697_682978.png

Here's the back view:
gallery_176150_697_50922.png

The above images are available in a much higher resolution (1800x1200, 300dpi).
I'd like to share this to everyone that's why I made the card readily available for print.
So, I have included a download link for the .PDF file below. This comes with instructions on how to print it, so need to worry. ^^

Here's the download link to the PDF: http://www.mediafire...kp0i9emt461cnvg
You need to have Adobe Acrobat or any other PDF readers installed on your computer to view it.

The actual card print size is 6"x4".
This card also includes a custom "Tempvelope", which you can print and cut out.
Preview of the whole PDF set can be seen below:
gallery_176150_697_56209.png
gallery_176150_697_15501.png
gallery_176150_697_14558.png

I've also included sample pictures of the actual print below:
gallery_176150_697_111171.png

gallery_176150_697_62645.png

MERRY TEMPMAS, EVERYONE!!!

I think we have a winner folks. This is amazing. You even went to the trouble of making a PDF with detailed instructions and even making an evelope..

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please read the following below before clicking on the spoilers because you will not understand it at all if you do not read it. Thank you.

Introduction
I have really thought a long time about the thing that I was going to make. I didn't want to copy an image from google and type my name and Merry Tempmas 2011 into it, that would be very unoriginal. I wanted something that is different from others, something that is designed by me. After a long time of thinking I had finally an idea. I didn't want to show Tempmas 2011 into a picture, I wanted to show Tempmas 2011 in a picture which is inside another picture. I finally figured out what to make, a Tempmas TV which is inside a room. After a day, I found out that it wouldn't be special if it was just a regular TV so I thought "out of the box". I thought of some functions for the Tempmas TV which are more superior than the current TVs on the market and about the design of the TV. First I made a screen into it (LCD, LED) but that wouldn't be special! Again, I thought about it and in the end, the Tempmas TV does not have a LCD or LED screen. It is difficult to explain but it is like a beamer but in this case you don't see the lens of the TV at all, it is sharp and the screen is "in the air".

The Tempmas TV

After days of hard working, I am very happy about the result. Here is a list of functions of the Tempmas TV.

3D button - Are you tired of your Sony TV? You have to wear 3D glasses to watch 3D movies. What if I wear glasses because my eyes are bad? I have to wear double glasses or wear lenses just to watch 3D movies? Your 3D glasses over your normal glasses? The Tempmas TV has got a solution for you! Press the 3D button and enjoy watching your 3D movies without 3D glasses.

Voice button - In the Tempmas TV, there is a voice recognition system. You know about it, just like your android or iphone. This function suits everyone. Tired of looking for your remote control? You lost it again? Just say TTV with a command (TTV stands for Tempmas TV) and it will automatically do the job. I recommend you though, for first time use to setup your voice (just press the voice button), you will have to speak from A to Z (alphabet) so the TTV will recognize your voice so the results will be very accurate.

Special button - I see a special button with the GBAtemp logo, what does it do? I don't know, I haven't tried it out yet.​
Enough talking! Time to reveal the Tempmas TV!
Click the spoiler to reveal the Tempmas TV.​
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2736]

Amazing isn't it? I love it. Let's turn it on! *Pressing the power on button*​
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2737]

Woahh, a screen showed up. Let's test the voice function.

"TTV, channel, BBC News. "​
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2738]
Lol, the news is talking about the Tempmas TV.

This is it, thanks for reading.

Costello: You failed! You failed to read the rules! The card must contain the words "Tempmas 2011" with your username somewhere.

Oh no! What now?!? Wait. There is one button which we haven't tried out yet. The special button with the GBAtemp logo! *press*

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2739]

Conclusion

I am sorry if it was very long but It shows you how much time I have invested into this whole project. I just had to explain the whole thing. I hope you like it and thanks for reading!

Merry Tempmas 2011!

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
here's mine. why are other people's submissions sooooooo good :[

I sketched and then painted everything with acrylic paint except the borders which is a collage of zelda related pictures from my nintendo magazines xD. It totally did not come out the way I planned because i was thinking of two different concepts at once =/ . Oh well, hope it's ok. After seeing the other submissions....maybe i shouldn't have tried =[
DSC03096.jpg

This is gives an idea of how big it is in real life. I attached two long papers together.
DSC03092.jpg

and this is my mess after everything is done haha
DSC03094.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Awww, i knew some great artists were gonna come along with designs like those...

Oh well, here's what I have produced, probably could have done more but I don't think I stand a chance any longer. Everything is made entirely by me (I had a tiny bit of help with the santa body but that's it). Hope you like it:
5qLZC.png

Reactions: 1 person

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been a lurker for a long time but I've been visiting this site since I joined.
Anyway, here's my Tempmas 2011 Entry... I've been working on this one since the contest was announced.

Here's the back view:

I'd like to share this to everyone that's why I made the card readily available for print.
So, I have included a download link for the .PDF file below. This comes with instructions on how to print it, so need to worry. ^^

You need to have Adobe Acrobat or any other PDF readers installed on your computer to view it.

So PRO man this sure looks like a winner for me.
You look like a professional card maker to me.
Even Costello likes it.So I would say advance congrats.
Also Merry Christmas to all the people who are well having Christmas now.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's the back view:

Ho-ly shiyet. Welp, I'm screwed.

Reactions: 1 person

ct_bolt

Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so many awesome entries!!!
Good luck everyone & Happy Holidays! :D

@Costello & GBATemp Staff: Your amazing! Love this every year (even though I haven't ever won)...

D

Deleted User

Here's the back view:

Have the 3DS ALREADY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...