Tatsunoko vs Capcom 3.4E PAL wiikey v2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jojokido66, Jan 3, 2009.

Jan 3, 2009
  1. jojokido66
    OP

Newcomer jojokido66 Newbie

France
    Hi everebody, i got a big probem with tatsunoku vs capcom here is the attempt :

Hardware : PAL wii 3.4E Wiikey v2

Componement cable or SHVHS cable ( i own the two ) : Work with GeckoOS at 50hz only. ( PAL60 showned me a grey screen )

RGB scart cable : Gecko OS, default options, all the screen is red ! Tested with PAL60 or PAL50 ---> green screen

Without geckoOS, the game won't launch, it show me a black screen ( disc channel )

So is it possible to play this game with full colors ( no red screen ) with the RGB cable ?

I also tried to patch with wiifrii 2.3b to changue NTSC-J to PAL and then I did BrickBlocker, I inserted the disc on the wii and it says " wii system error, please refer to manual...ect.."

So what can I do ???? [​IMG]

Its the same thing for Tales of symphonia NTSC USA but for Castlevania Judgement, its a NTSC game and it runs with full colors ! ( no red )

Thank u in advance !

2. jojokido66
    OP

France
    any help ? [​IMG]

3. dottor_male

Member dottor_male GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I don't know, I use component cables on a PAL wii and I see colors whitout forcing anything. Also it runs at 480p. What kind of TV do you have? LCD or CRT?

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I got the same problem, with the game being completely in red when using a rgb-cable on a pal wii. But I couldn`t find anything, that solved this problem...

5. jojokido66
    OP

France
    is there a patch or anything ? I got a modern CRT Philips TV ( she has 3-4 years )

6. echochamp

Newcomer echochamp Newbie

United States
    It took a while to get right but I used:
    * I have a PAL Wii
    * Wiikey 2
    * 3.4E firmware on the Wii
    * Swapped to 50Hertz in the Wii menu
    * Twilight hacked, installed Homebrew Channel.
    * Loaded the game with Gecko OS, no extra options, just loaded immediately.

Green screen appears briefly and then the game boots.

Although, since I'm playing at 50Hz, is the game slower than it should be? The characters almost feel sluggish to me.

Thanks for all the info guys, hope my message helps someone else!

7. masud

Newcomer masud Advanced Member

United States
    Just one question, if i have the component cable, do i still need to run GeckoOs to load the game on a pal wii?

I have a cyclowiz and i don't want to install the homebrew channel, is there a way to load geckoos from a dvd?

8. codeman

Newcomer codeman Newbie

United States
    I have the exact same symptoms.

Using 3.2E Wii with 0.3 gamma loader and RGB cable.

With default settings in gamma the game runs with a red picture, with PAL50/60 it locks on a green screen.
    Language, VIDTV patch or Hook don't have any effect, changing the Wii from PAL50hz to PAL60hz doesn't have any effect as well.

I had other import games with the red picture but they could be fixed with the PAL50/60 option...

9. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Search for my toy, it allows to patch video modes without reburning, it doesn't work for all games, but maybe you are lucky.