Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
500x_majikon_building06.jpg

Forget Osaka's shady R4 cartridge retailers, the city has one shop that is openly advertising the device. And rubbing it in Nintendo's face in the process.

The R4 cartridge itself is not a piracy device; however, it can be used to play pirated Nintendo DS games.

A court injunction was filed in 2009 against Chinese R4 makers for "violation under Japan's laws". It's important to note that this legal injunction is for Japan only. Yahoo! Auctions Japan issued a notice that putting R4 devices up for sell on its site is now prohibited. Yet, the device was still widely available in Tokyo's Akihabara.

In late 2008, Nintendo (and 53 other companies) took legal action against the makers of the R4 cart, a device which allows, amongst other things, the pirating of games on a DS. Nintendo created an anonymous form for collect information about the sale of R4 cartridges in Japan. "It's getting increasingly difficult to track down R4 sellers as day by day they get more ingenious, flourishing online and complicating matters," said Nintendo in a written statement. Because of this, Nintendo is calling on the strength of the masses to eradicate the sale of these devices. This information will be used by Nintendo in its legal suit. It later thanked those for ratting out R4 retailers. According to Nintendo, such devices hurts the growth of the entire game industry and steps must be taken regarding the legality of R4 carts.

A new retailer in Osaka's Den-Den Town, which is the city's version of Akihabara, is hanging a huge banner that proudly states "R4 Majicon TTDS". ("Majicon" is how R4 devices are referred to in Japanese.) Last summer, a vending machine selling R4 cartridges appeared in Den-Den Town, but was later removed.
Source

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bit off topic I know - but out of curiosity I just done a Google for Japanese vending machines and found THESE
vendingmachine02.jpg
vendingmachine05.jpg
vendingmachine13.jpg
vendingmachine01.jpg

D

Deleted User

I wonder what Nintendo's next step will be.

nutella5600 said:
QUOTE said:
Last summer, a vending machine selling R4 cartridges appeared in Den-Den Town, but was later removed.
LOLOLOLOL. And I thought burger vending machines were outrageous. HOLY BALLZ!
It looked quite normal and the R4s were--of course--clones.
r4vendingmachine.jpg

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
japan has the coolest vending machines
laugh.gif

as for this place i can see this getting shut down real soon...see that bulldozer over there who do you think is driving it?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?