Hacking System Transfer Questions

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys, i read through the stickys but still have some questions regarding my specific idea:

I thought about buying a New 3DS XL but i guess new ones always have 11.6 so ich checked what is doable there.

Seems like you need a source 3ds with one of the specific games, which i have (Four swords).
So now with the help of the source 3ds I can completely hack my new 3ds it seems like.
But then comes the part where I have to system transfer back to my old 3ds which won't work because its the old model.

Question: Can't i just do a NAND backup of the old one before and restore that after system transfer? Ans what state is the source 3ds in after system transfer? Stock? Because i want the source 3ds to stay how it was before with CFW.

My Goal is to have a New 3DS XL with Cfw and all the games that my Old 3ds has and still have the old one like it is now. Is that possible or do i have to wait and hope that there comes another exploit for 11.6?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Edit: Another question, if the New 3ds has 11.5 or lower i don't need a second 3ds to hack it, is it possible to copy my saves over from my old 3ds then without a whole system transfer?

Last edited by bixxewoscht,

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: Can't i just do a NAND backup of the old one before and restore that after system transfer? Ans what state is the source 3ds in after system transfer? Stock? Because i want the source 3ds to stay how it was before with CFW.

If you make a NAND backup and SD Card backup you can restore the source 3DS back to like nothing even happened.
You might need to call Nintendo to release the NNID from the new system or wait a week and transfer back then do the NAND/SD restore.
once the 2nd 3DS is hacked it doesn't matter.

To Confirm you own a legit version of Four Swords? Pirated will not work.

Edit: Another question, if the New 3ds has 11.5 or lower i don't need a second 3ds to hack it, is it possible to copy my saves over from my old 3ds then without a whole system transfer?

You can use a save manager like JKSM to backup and restore game saves. Simple copy and paste the saves from SD to SD.

Reactions: bixxewoscht

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the quick answer, looks good so far If the Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition works, I got it through the Ambassador Program.

One more thing is that i can't system transfer back because New 3ds to old 3ds doesn't work.
I don't understand the NNID thing yet... so if I do system transfer I have 2 systems with the same NNID which is bad. If i call nintendo and release the NNID from the New 3ds, does it just get a new one or what happens?

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NNID = Nintendo Network ID
You are correct about the transfer, I didn't see that old part.
You can do a transfer from OLD to NEW but not NEW to OLD.
When you do a transfer the NNID on the old will transfer to the new one.
In a few days call Nintendo and say that the system was destroyed or stolen. They will ask you for the New systems and possibility the old systems serial number.
Get the serial off the Box ;) when they asked for it.
They will say you will loose the saves if they proceed but that dosen't matter if you do the backups first. Don't tell them that.
You will need to sign back into the OLD system with the NNID/Password.
Failing that you could always just make a new NNID on the OLD system and call it a day.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might just want to get a flashcart for NTRBoot. They're relatively cheap, and that way you can hack a new 11.6 3DS without a problem, install the titles you need, and just use JKSM to copy your game saves over.

It takes a little more work than just doing a system transfer, but it won't involve a call to Nintendo.

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh i thought 11.6 was only hackable through Dsi Ware. Well I have no problem with hacking it using a flashcard, i should have one of the right ones lying around still.
That makes it way easier for me, I'll just hack the new one and give the old one to a friend or sell it or whatever.

Thanks a lot.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still might want to do the do the transfer after the new system is hacked to keep your NNID and purchases.
Then format the old one.

Edit: After the saves have been backed up and transferred.
Do the saves transfer before you so a system transfer, if the saves you are transfer are not from legit purchased games.

Last edited by Natsuru,

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But having a new NNID and linking it to my Nintendo account is ok too. If i do a system transfer do i lose the non legit games from the old 3ds or do they stay on it?

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok now hopefully one last summary:

-I hack the New 3ds with a flashcard
-copy the saves over from my Old 3ds
-backup Nand and SD Card of the Old 3ds
-do a system transfer from Old to New
-restore the backup of the Old 3ds.

Now I have both with the same NNID right?
What can I do now to delete the NNID of the old one so i can give the 3ds to somebody else bit keep all the games?

Sorry I don't quite understand the NNID and calling Nintendo thing yet^^

Edit: Or i could just not restore the backup on the Old 3ds and install the games there again while losing my legit games on the old one which won't bother me. Then my NNID will be deleted on the old one so I can give it to somebody else.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-I hack the New 3ds with a flashcard
-backup the saves from my Old 3ds
-backup Nand and SD Card of the Old 3ds
-do a system transfer from Old to New
-import (non legit) saves to new 3DS

To officially remove the NNID from the old system you need to format the system ( loose everything )
Or you can try this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-bypass-nnid-bans-miiverse-online-eshop-etc.417999/
Its for Emunand but should work the same.

As for the edit, yes if you don't restore your good. Just format the system and SD card. You will have to re setup the basic CFW apps like FBI.etc

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, because i want to give the old 3ds away I won't restore the backup after system transfer, I'll have to setup FBI again but this way I can give away a hacked 3ds without a NNID linked to it.

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for all your help, I'll post here if it works how I wanted, New 3ds XL SNES Edition comes tomorrow and if my flashcard works I'll hack it this weekend.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NTRBootHax work on any firmware apparently so it should work just fine. Luma CFW needs Firmware 4.0+ so you will be fine.
You got a magnet ^_^ need a semi powerful magnet.

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Worked perfectly, I restored the NAND on my Old 3ds and deleted the NNID without formatting using a method from 3ds guide so now I only have to install the cias that i need on the New 3ds and I'm good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM