Hardware System Transfer FW override

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I do a system transfer from a 11.2 to a 9.2, will the 9.2 be updated to 11.2? Also, if I format a system with a pre-installed game (for SysDowngrader precaution), will I lose the pre-installed game?

Should I do a SysNAND backup before attempting to downgrade my console (N3DS)?

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You have to say more about what you're trying to do.

Why do you want to system transfers from 11.2 to 9.2? If the target console is the 9.2 one, you'll have to update it to receive the transfer. (or maybe run it with ctr-httpwn but you'll be prone to get errors after it, since some of the transfer apps expects higher versions)(I may be wrong)

If you format, the pre-installed game is gone. But you can then get it with freeshop (if you're going CFW or Emunand).

Yes, you should. That is almost the first thing to do when hacking any console. MANDATORY.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do you want to system transfers from 11.2 to 9.2?
Because while attempting to do a hardmod (that, BTW, didn't work out too well), I forfeited and began re-assembling my O3DS. In the process, I ripped the ribbon cables of the L and R shoulder buttons and the analog. So I bought a N3DS on 10.4 (Super Mario 3D Land Edition with YW7011 serial) and I was planning to do a system transfer.

Can I backup my StreetPass Mii Plaza save and restore it on my N3DS (That's actually the only thing worth saving from my O3DS)?

Should I format my console before attempting to downgrade through SysDowngrader?

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
About the Streetpass I don't know but maybe you can try to search Gbatempand see if any solution comes up.

If the N3DS as the game pre-installed, I don't see no reason to format it. That is usually advised for GBA/DSi games installed, not 3DS ones.
Only thing I can tell you is that the OTPless guide as some hiccups and a few users reported bricks while doing it.

Follow the guide normally but do the OTP one (doing the 2.1 CTR-Transfer) after you downgrade to 9.2.
This is the most risk part of the guide and follow the complete procedure from start to reboot (most of the times, NATIVE_FIRM doesn't downgrade and gives you an error and reboots automatically. All you have to do is run the downgrader once more)

After you have the N3DS with A9LH, then you can do the system transfer to move your StreetPass data from the O3DS to it. (Unless you have found another solution which, in that case, you don't need to system transfer.)

Word of advise, as soon as possible, do a NAND backup which can be done as soon as you launch Decrypt9WIP from Homebrew.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About the Streetpass I don't know but maybe you can try to search Gbatempand see if any solution comes up.

If the N3DS as the game pre-installed, I don't see no reason to format it. That is usually advised for GBA/DSi games installed, not 3DS ones.
Only thing I can tell you is that the OTPless guide as some hiccups and a few users reported bricks while doing it.

Follow the guide normally but do the OTP one (doing the 2.1 CTR-Transfer) after you downgrade to 9.2.
This is the most risk part of the guide and follow the complete procedure from start to reboot (most of the times, NATIVE_FIRM doesn't downgrade and gives you an error and reboots automatically. All you have to do is run the downgrader once more)

After you have the N3DS with A9LH, then you can do the system transfer to move your StreetPass data from the O3DS to it. (Unless you have found another solution which, in that case, you don't need to system transfer.)

Word of advise, as soon as possible, do a NAND backup which can be done as soon as you launch Decrypt9WIP from Homebrew.
Taking in account this new update (https://gbatemp.net/threads/otpless-a9lh-brick-strikes-again.446179/page-3#post-6793825), should I still go with the OTP one?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Taking in account this new update (https://gbatemp.net/threads/otpless-a9lh-brick-strikes-again.446179/page-3#post-6793825), should I still go with the OTP one?
That is why I told you to do the OTP version and NOT the OTPless. (To minimize the risks) but it seems that the installer has been updated to v2.6.2:
Try to fix the rare OTPless bricks by using ITCM instead of ARM9 memory.

If you want to do the OTPless, it seems @Aurora Wright is tracking/minimizing even more, the risks.

If you prefer to follow the old OTP method (although I don't see any differences between this old way of doing the install maybe, for safety sake, it's better to see if anyone can vouched this as working with no problems solution for New3DS OTP guide):
Make a SD and NAND backup as soon as possible (don't know if you can run Decrypt9WIP on 10.4 but try it and if you can, make a NAND backup pronto.)
Follow the guide till you downgrade to 9.2. (Remember to use the files for New3DS)

After that, instead of jumping to "Installing A9LH" (since you have a New3DS) do the 2.1 CTR-Transfer. (follow Old3DS)
When you finish the 2.1 Transfer, you'll finally go to "Installing A9LH".
DO NOT PUT N3DS ON SLEEP MODE (CLOSE THE LID) ON 2.1 FW OR YOU WILL BRICK WiTHOUT ANY POSSIBLE RECOVERY. NOT EVEN HARDMOD. (You have been warned)

On the "Installing A9LH", use the SafeA9LHInstaller v2.0.3 (O3DS) and on step II, use the instructions for O3DS. (Remember you have to press SELECT even if the screen seems crashed or glitched)
After that, you'll get your OTP, have A9LH installed but on 2.1 FW.
DO NOT PUT N3DS ON SLEEP MODE (CLOSE THE LID) ON 2.1 FW OR YOU WILL BRICK WiTHOUT ANY POSSIBLE RECOVERY. NOT EVEN HARDMOD. (You have been warned)

You can follow the rest of the guide normally taking in account that Luma won't boot (or maybe it will) on 2.1
Follow the guide and you'll restore your previous made NAND backup (either 10.4 or 9.2 depending when you were able to make it).

Last edited by cravas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s