Hacking System Transfer between Emunands

Cent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a New 3DS XL that recently got a deep scratch in the top screen. From what I've found, it's really difficult to find replacement parts for this model. So instead I thought I could buy another New 3DS XL and transfer everything over to it. My current system has a9lh w/ aureinand with sysnand 9.2 and emunand 10.7. I have a bunch of games that I dumped using uncart and installed as cias to my system, as well as legit content from the eShop.

How difficult is it to transfer all of this to a new 3DS? Should I be worried about losing my data?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to transfer data from my 3DS XL emuNAND to my New 3DS XL emuNAND. It took a few tries and I had to power off my router half-way through to prevent a certain error message, but it worked.
You should backup all of your data beforehand, all that really transfers is the NNID information. No installed titles carried over for me. I don't know if that's normal but they were easily reinstalled.

I would imagine you'd have to go through the a9lh process again.

Buy a new system and swap the motherboards.
Done!
3DS XL and New 3DS XL motherboards are incompatible.
If he went with an o3DS XL, it'd work though.

Last edited by _Chaz_,

remix2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you do a system transfer on an unmodified console, the NNID and the source console's "Nintendo 3DS" folder IDs get moved to the destination console.
Can then use the SD card from the source console in the destination console.
Or you can copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder from the source console's SD card to the destination console's SD card.

Thats how all the content is moved.
Otherwise like _Chaz_ did, you need to re-download everything and you loose your saved game data.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I have a New 3DS XL that recently got a deep scratch in the top screen. From what I've found, it's really difficult to find replacement parts for this model. So instead I thought I could buy another New 3DS XL and transfer everything over to it. My current system has a9lh w/ aureinand with sysnand 9.2 and emunand 10.7. I have a bunch of games that I dumped using uncart and installed as cias to my system, as well as legit content from the eShop.

How difficult is it to transfer all of this to a new 3DS? Should I be worried about losing my data?
Set up your new 3DS with a9lh first. Then perform a normal system transfer. At the end you'll have to use the old SD with the new system, so just backup the a9lh stuff from the old SD and copy the contents of the new SD (the a9lh stuff) onto the old SD and let it overwrite. It should work fine. I did the same about two weeks ago (but from a gateway console to a a9lh console).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Cent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Thanks guys! I'll give this a try tonight. I'll at least go through and backup all my saves first using JK's Save Manager, so worst cast I just need to reinstall stuff and transfer the saves.

Update: Everything did transfer correctly. I did have to reinstall all my CIAs and reinject the saves, but otherwise things went smoothly. I installed al9h and aureinand on the new 3ds before starting the process.

Last edited by Cent,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night