System transfer and save files

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fake_punk, Dec 13, 2016.

1. fake_punk
    OP

fake_punk Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    Hey everyone, I need some help.

My friend got a 2ds and wanted me to help him mod it. I had a 2ds running emunand. I followed the tutorial to install al9h and it worked flawlessly.

Then, I used the system transfer method to downgrade my friends 2ds. That went well until the al9h install. I ran into the glitched screen issue when installing al9h but it said it would be ok. So I powered down and checked and the otp.bin was there, but after that it wouldn't boot (no screen, sound, anything). I tried to do the hard mod but my soldering skills were not up to snuff and as of now I owe my friend a 2ds (unless someone can give me alternate solder points).

I used my own sd card because the system transfer told me to, and it had most of the right files on it.

I have already called Nintendo and have my nnid transferring back to my 2ds. Now when I put the sd card back into my 2ds, none of my cia installs are there, nor are any saves. I can see what folder it is on the sd card. Can I move folders around to associate them with my "new" profile? I also have my emunand backup file saved which I did flash to sysnand after the al9h install. Can I perhaps just reflash that and then update again?

2. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    You don't have them because it don't have the NAND you system transferred to your friend's 2ds. Just restore a backup of that NAND and they will be there.

fake_punk likes this.