dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Now that's awesome! can't wait! never got to fully enjoy the first one so really happy about this, plus with the so called Bioshock collection leak.. Can't wait to fully indulge in these opportunities!

Reactions: XDel

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Steam... thank God! I'll never by another console that's not Nintendo!
Sure, because buying a Nintendo console this gen was totally a good investment, especially with game releases at a staggering rate of... one every three months, all the HD remakes aside? :rolleyes:

Anywho, I'm sad to see that it's not coming to the PS4 since that's my primary gaming machine, but I can live with that. I hope that the remake is not *too* faithful to the original because System Shock was full of goofy stuff, some things would best be left out of the remake or... well, re-imagined, because stuff that worked in 90'ies sci-fi horror doesn't always fly in this day and age.

What I'm really interested in though is the sequel by Otherside Entertainment which is apparently developed in collaboration with Night Dive, the devs of the remake. If the footage above is any indication of what's coming, it'll be a very exciting time for all System Shock and Looking Glass fans.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, because buying a Nintendo console this gen was totally a good investment, especially with game releases at a staggering rate of... one every three months, all the HD remakes aside? :rolleyes:

Screw sales figures, that's Nintendo's loss not mine. Nintendo still delivered those first party titles that I love so much, and more are on the way.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Screw sales figures, that's Nintendo's loss not mine. Nintendo still delivered those first party titles that I love so much, and more are on the way.
I'm not even talking about sales, I'm talking about volume. Look at the last couple of months - first up is Mario Maker in September, then a whole bunch of nothing until December with Xenoblade Yawnicles X, then nothing until now, March, with Pokken Tournament. That's a terrible batting average for a system that, technically, is still supported. I'm not counting Twilight Princess as a release of a new title since you could already play Twilight Princess on the Wii U just by playing the Wii version, so it's just a re-release of a title that's already available for the system. If you want to praise a Nintendo system because it's getting Nintendo games then that's a pretty crappy argument, along the lines of "duh, of course it does". "Great" is also a relative term since out of the three I'm only enjoying Pokken - Xenoblade is boring and Mario Maker is a glorified level editor, so I'm not shelling out cash for either. Meanwhile, the competition is getting a steady stream of releases, so your whole premise of Nintendo's superiority as far as consoles go falls pretty flat in my book.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even talking about sales, I'm talking about volume. Look at the last couple of months - first up is Mario Maker in September, then a whole bunch of nothing until December with Xenoblade Yawnicles X, then nothing until now, March, with Pokken Tournament. That's a terrible batting average for a system that, technically, is still supported. I'm not counting Twilight Princess as a release of a new title since you could already play Twilight Princess on the Wii U just by playing the Wii version, so it's just a re-release of a title that's already available for the system. If you want to praise a Nintendo system because it's getting Nintendo games then that's a pretty crappy argument, along the lines of "duh, of course it does". "Great" is also a relative term since out of the three I'm only enjoying Pokken - Xenoblade is boring and Mario Maker is a glorified level editor, so I'm not shelling out cash for either. Meanwhile, the competition is getting a steady stream of releases, so your whole premise of Nintendo's superiority as far as consoles go falls pretty flat in my book.

I'm just telling you part of why I liked the Wii U and still enjoyed the 3DS. Of course it's commercial failure made me sad as I hoped to see some 3rd party goodness on it too, but I took that chance and didn't get all the games I wanted, but enough to tie me over. I only paid $200 for the system and got my money back out of it anyhow. So I've little to complain about, I enjoyed the games I did own on it (which what I owned is all I could afford), loved the Indie titles especially, and now look forward to the NX, which is why I sold the Wii U, and in the mean time I'm still enjoying my 3DS XL and of course my 1st Gen classic Wii with box which I'll prolly never part with.

Oh and that's another cool thing about the Wii U, backwards compatibility straight out of the box. And technically, it's prime to run GBA, N64, Wii, NDS, Gamecube, and so on, but sadly, Nintendo isn't doing much in regards as to making a ton of titles available for download. On that note, I wish they'd get the rights to the Eternal Darkness property and revive that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@XDel I don't really treat BC as a selling point since I'm not in the habit of selling my older systems (it's never worth it), I'd rather have a better-engineered system than one that sacrifices performance for the sake of BC. Shame that you sold yours already, Zelda U is coming up soon and Pokken Tournament is quite pleasant.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XDel I don't really treat BC as a selling point since I'm not in the habit of selling my older systems (it's never worth it), I'd rather have a better-engineered system than one that sacrifices performance for the sake of BC. Shame that you sold yours already, Zelda U is coming up soon and Pokken Tournament is quite pleasant.

I'm too old to have gotten caught up in the whole Pokemon (gotta buy em' all) craze, and I'm confident that the new Zelda will be on the NX. If not...
....I'll just buy a used Wii U and copy of Zelda 8 years down the road. I got enough games here to keep me busy till then. :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm too old to have gotten caught up in the whole Pokemon (gotta buy em' all) craze, and I'm confident that the new Zelda will be on the NX. If not... I'll just buy a used Wii U and copy of Zelda 8 years down the road. I got enough games here to keep me busy till then. :)
Pokemon started off on the original Game Boy back in 1996, I'm pretty sure you must've tried hard to avoid it. :P To be fair, I feel it's a bloated franchise at this point - at least SMT has the courtesy to not add more and more monsters each time, Pokemon's "gotta catch'em all" is a joke at this point. Besides, you can't even if you wanted to - not all Pokemon are catchable in-game. I've got a lot of beef with Pokemon, but this isn't the thread for me to rant about it. ;)

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon started off on the original Game Boy back in 1996, I'm pretty sure you must've tried hard to avoid it. :P To be fair, I feel it's a bloated franchise at this point - at least SMT has the courtesy to not add more and more monsters each time, Pokemon's "gotta catch'em all" is a joke at this point. Besides, you can't even if you wanted to - not all Pokemon are catchable in-game. I've got a lot of beef with Pokemon, but this isn't the thread for me to rant about it. ;)

All right, well my point is that I stopped playing with toys at around 1986, so basically I just looked at Pokemon as a video game created to capitalize off of the TV show that was created to capitalize off of toy sales, etc. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe all over again, all but with a weak story line.
Had Pokemon as story line I could sink my teeth into, one that sparked my imagination, I might well have gotten into the cartoon (honestly I did like the movie Pokemon 2000, but not religiously), and then felt prompted to check out the game series, but alas, as I say, I just saw it as some chimpy RPG with no plot, designed as a Dragon Quest Monsters Spin Off, in order to make money off fans of the toys and TV series.

So no, it wasn't like I didn't notice it ALL OVER the shelves. I just had no motivation to dive in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-