SysNAND Cakes to Luma

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bbqwtf, Jul 5, 2016.

1. bbqwtf
    OP

bbqwtf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2016
    United States
    Hey everyone,

Some CIA files I installed are giving me some problems - whenever I tried to launch them, they give me this error:

An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)

I tried searching for the issue and the only thing I really found was this thread on Reddit that has a similar problem, and the solution was to basically switch CFWs.

I was looking to switch over to Luma from Cakes (since that's what most everyone seems to be using now). and I came across this thread on GBATemp that says just to run through the Section I - Preparatory Work section. However, I skimmed over the section, and it's referencing files that I don't have on my SD card, and the guide is telling me to add new/different files into my /a9lh/ folder.

I went through Plailect's guide back when it used CakesFW and fully installed al9h, so I don't know where to start. Can anyone help? I'm running CakesFW on SysNAND, o3DSXL.

Thanks!

2. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Use part 5 of Plailect's guide, ignoring the a9lh stuff, since the rest is Luma setup.

bbqwtf likes this.
  3. Devrim

Devrim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2014
    Netherlands
    bbqwtf likes this.
  4. bbqwtf
    OP

bbqwtf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2016
    United States
    This worked! Thank you very much!

5. PerksofLilies

PerksofLilies Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    Hungary
    I have the same problem, except I didn't do al9h, well, because it I figured if it cakes works without it why bother, but as it seems people are panicking about this 11.0 update, and Luma's praised to the moon and back so I figured could someone point me to a direction as to what the heck do I do now?
    ((my sysnand is on 9.7 i guess and i have cakes as cfw on like 10.5/6 right now))

6. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    How is your sysnand on 9.7 if you don't have a9lh. Also, what panic?