Homebrew SysDowngrader infinitely soft bricking(hardmod/format not an option)

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have Alpha Sapphire, and I plan to use that as my entry point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ill have to see if i could borrow a friends cart of omega ruby again :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and if you dont have a n3ds you are screwed? but do you have a new3ds? as linux you can just run off a live usb
old 3ds

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dogenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had the same problem when the downgrade from 10.3 came out and i couldn't fix it even with hardmod, to fix it i did a double system transfer (it took a week and i did it because i didn't know you can get back your nnid by calling nintendo so you can also format) after that it worked

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hmm, you're not wrong, looks like the guide has changed ALOT since I've last checked it.
You would usually just do CTR Transfer but I guess you're supposed to use sysdowngrader now.
Uh.... You're kinda confused. That never changed. StarUpdater/SafeSysUpdater/PlaiSysUpdater/sysDowngrader were always used for the 9.2 downgrade. CTR Transfer is much more recent than that,and it is used for the 2.1 downgrade, not the 9.2.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: Goombi

NothingFeatured

Trophies
XP
Country
So I received a soft brick after running tiny format and using sysDowngrade. Updated to 11.2 using recovery. Because Exidia stays on the SD it remains there after tiny format. Once I was back on 11.2 I used Exidia (dgTool) to restore the backup to 11.0 this is why it says to make backups. Then I started again second time round sysDowngrade gave me a partial then a full and all is good running Luma now!!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm, you're not wrong, looks like the guide has changed ALOT since I've last checked it.
You would usually just do CTR Transfer but I guess you're supposed to use sysdowngrader now.
I think you're confused - CTR transfer requires Decrypt9 which requires arm9 access which requires being on 9.2. SysDowngrader only requires arm11 access.
If we could access Decrypt9 and do a CTR transfer on 11.x then we wouldn't bother downgrading to 9.2 and instead would go straight to a 2.1 CTR transfer for the OTP (or use OTP-less).

Edit: oops Ninja'd badly. Should always look at the second page before replying :-p

TheMynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just Tinyformat your console, it'll fix your problem. Surprised Plailect didn't add that step to the troubleshooting guide

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, ok, ill do tiny format, i just have to try and borrow an exploitable game thats on a physical cart, I don't have one myself which is why it is stated in the title itself format in general isn't an option :/ . I was hoping for something that wouldn't require me to have a cart exploit but it seems to be my only option at this point *sigh

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so going on 11.2, back up nand, do 11.2 to 10.4 dsiwarehax nfirm downgrade, do tinyformat, access hbl and run sysdowngrader, once thats done I can restore the nand and my games will show up(particularly stealdiver)? :/

Dogenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so going on 11.2, back up nand, do 11.2 to 10.4 dsiwarehax nfirm downgrade, do tinyformat, access hbl and run sysdowngrader, once thats done I can restore the nand and my games will show up(particularly stealdiver)? :/
No, you need the nand backup to restore it if something goes wrong (if you restore it after you have succesfully downgraded you'll be back on 11.2) you will need to make backups of your saves, tiny format, dsiwarehax etc..., call nintendo, ask to transfer your nnid (say you lost your 3ds and you bought a new one), after you have reinstalled your games restore the saves

Last edited by Dogenberg,

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you need the nand backup to restore it if something goes wrong (if you restore it after you have succesfully downgraded you'll be back on 11.2) you will need to make backups of your saves, tiny format, dsiwarehax etc..., call nintendo, ask to transfer your nnid (say you lost your 3ds and you bought a new one), after you have reinstalled your games restore the saves
...but plailects guide -.- it says the data wont be lost and to restore the nand backup after a9lh installation... 39 freaking games to go through, backup, reinstall, and restore, look back through this thread, from what ive read the nand restore will restore access to the games and their saves, perhaps i could run that nand backup as a emunand and get access to them that way :/

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can restore the NAND backup using Hourglass9 after installing A9LH. Hourglass9's restore function will restore everything except the FIRM partitions and other sectors required for A9LH.

Once restored, you can use Hourglass9 to inject FBI into Health & Safety and proceed from there.

Reactions: jt_1258

Dogenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
...but plailects guide -.- it says the data wont be lost and to restore the nand backup after a9lh installation... 39 freaking games to go through, backup, reinstall, and restore, look back through this thread, from what ive read the nand restore will restore access to the games and their saves, perhaps i could run that nand backup as a emunand and get access to them that way :/
You can only restore after you have installed a9lh (or with hardmod) so i think the backup in the guide is the one done after the downgrade (on 9.2) before the a9lh installation

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edited for typos

thats my delema, it just soft bricks when i try to do the 10.4 to 9.2 downgrade. could i boot into my nand backup as an emunand and get back into my games, also, how do i backup the official save backups for games, if i could backup and restore that by itself i could just uninstall my games clicking backup save and for the games i cant do that with i can svdt backup, when i reinstall the games with the official backup info there it'll automatically restore said save for it, seriously reducing the amount of games to restore saved with svdt, also, look into plailects guide under old 3ds, 11.2, slow hax, it says in the beginning to make a nand backup

i ment 10.4 to 9.2 fails, woops

gerbil soft, cool, i didn't get to see that message when i sent my last one, gbatemp is terrible on o3ds, but glad this is being clarifyed, cool

Last edited by jt_1258,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp