Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

My daughter's NSW console is running SX OS 3.1.0 with FW 11.0.0
I tried updating Animal Crossing to 2.0.0 with SAK but it would not boot up completely.
I copied back to her usd the former version she had (1.11.1) but it won't launch as a popup indicates an update needs to be downloaded.

How can I remove this nag screen & return to what it was before as my daughter is kinda mad at me ?

I have not followed much but it seems SX OS is dead, what are my options now if I want my daughter to keep playing with her few usd cards (directly from xci files that she can move the cards easily and not having to install anything or lose progress ?

Thanks

NicoHvr

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

It is the same for me. Last SX OS version and FW 11.0.0. I downloaded a super XCI including 2.0 update and patched for working with FW 11.0.0. I'm running a black screen for 15 minutes now.

I would appreciate if anyone can help.

Nico

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that atmosphere 1.2.3 made some changes to accommodate the very large number of files in the 2.0.0 update.
I'm pretty sure SXOS copied at least some of atmosphere's source code, so it would make sense that SXOS might have issues with Animal Crossing 2.0.0 until it pulls in those changes (seems unlikely at this point).

You could try installing atmosphere 1.2.3 and see if that fixes your issue.

MacuCo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But how can I go back and play the previous 1.11.1?

Cause it won't launch as a popup indicates an update needs to be downloaded.

swichgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
i had the same issue, but i sovled it. sxos doesnt support update 2.00, so try atomosphy(cant spell right sorry). if you want to go back to acnh v1.11.1, you can use DBI to reset acnh game, and you can get into the game again.

Reactions: MacuCo

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But how can I go back and play the previous 1.11.1?

Cause it won't launch as a popup indicates an update needs to be downloaded.
I actually succeded using tinfoil.
1. Launch Tinfoil
2. Go into the installed game (Animal Crossing)
3. Press X (uninstall, no worries) then select Base game, then press Y to reset the version)

MacuCo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I actually succeded using tinfoil.
1. Launch Tinfoil
2. Go into the installed game (Animal Crossing)
3. Press X (uninstall, no worries) then select Base game, then press Y to reset the version)
i had the same issue, but i sovled it. sxos doesnt support update 2.00, so try atomosphy(cant spell right sorry). if you want to go back to acnh v1.11.1, you can use DBI to reset acnh game, and you can get into the game again.
I'll try both methods and see how it will go.

Thx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Tried first the DBI process, it worked, super easy. Thx very much

Last edited by MacuCo,

V3rsus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll try both methods and see how it will go.

Thx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Tried first the DBI process, it worked, super easy. Thx very much
Hi, I had the same problem as you and I was able to solve as @Aglae Pheryl said, uninstalling version 2.0 and installing 1.11.1.

Now the problem is to find a way to make 2.0 work on a FW 11.0, otherwise we will be forced to switch to Atmosphere, which would mean wasting time on it and unfortunately I don't have enough time to do it ...
I have already tried to patch with SAK and Renxpack, but unfortunately it always gives me black screen with the Switch logo at the bottom right.

Anyone who could help out? Thanks!

Last edited by V3rsus,

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is straightforward to switch from SX OS to Atmosphere instead of numerous attempts to find workaround that make issues more complicated because SX hasn't updated for almost one year now.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, it is straightforward, however as this is likely the last game update to ACNH and there are still many SXOS users, it would be great if a workaround was found to get it to run on 11.0

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yes, it is straightforward, however as this is likely the last game update to ACNH and there are still many SXOS users, it would be great if a workaround was found to get it to run on 11.0
Probably not possible. Since most likely it uses things in the newer FWs. But I guess you should never say never.

MacuCo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im 2 lazy to adjust my switch for dual booting (SX & Atmos). So yeah, when the urge to play some new game appears, maybe I'll think about it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I had the same problem as you and I was able to solve as @Aglae Pheryl said, uninstalling version 2.0 and installing 1.11.1.

Now the problem is to find a way to make 2.0 work on a FW 11.0, otherwise we will be forced to switch to Atmosphere, which would mean wasting time on it and unfortunately I don't have enough time to do it ...
I have already tried to patch with SAK and Renxpack, but unfortunately it always gives me black screen with the Switch logo at the bottom right.

Anyone who could help out? Thanks!
The update requires a firmware higher than what SX OS supports so your only option is to setup Atmosphere. You will have to do it eventually since more and more games will require higher and higher firmware versions.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But it won’t be the last update to Switch games in general. It honestly saves more time and energy switching than waiting for/working on workarounds to use a dead CFW.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: fatherjack

MacuCo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
U guys are right to say that SXOS is dead. It is. But I'll wait till BotW 2 comes out to change to Atmos. I dont know. If one of the biggest game of this Nintendo gen dont make the SXOS people release something, that will be when I'll call quits on them.

Reactions: fatherjack

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
U guys are right to say that SXOS is dead. It is. But I'll wait till BotW 2 comes out to change to Atmos. I dont know. If one of the biggest game of this Nintendo gen dont make the SXOS people release something, that will be when I'll call quits on them.
Chances are higher that they are sooner to rebrand and release a new product than release an update to SXOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended