Hacking SX Pro Dongle Defect

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I’ve noticed my Dongle doesn’t light up anymore. When I charged for more than 30 seconds, it has repeated flashing white and green lights for a few seconds and it dies again. Charging it longer just makes it heat up. Now I can’t use autoRCM anymore and my Switch is stuck in recovery mode. The question is, if I buy an SX Gear, will it remedy this and make my Switch boot up again? Thanks

grepoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes just buy a new one. This will fix the error.
Best buy directly two so if one breaks you dont have to wait for shipping.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I’ve noticed my Dongle doesn’t light up anymore. When I charged for more than 30 seconds, it has repeated flashing white and green lights for a few seconds and it dies again. Charging it longer just makes it heat up. Now I can’t use autoRCM anymore and my Switch is stuck in recovery mode. The question is, if I buy an SX Gear, will it remedy this and make my Switch boot up again? Thanks

You should first reach out to SX team. They may send you a new one since it's less than a year since release. They may also know the issue and help you fix it first. You can also turn off AutoRCM with RCMGui or other RCM methods if you want to use your console in the meantime.

Reactions: yakuku

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sounds like a short somewhere. Can you pop it open and take pictures of it? How good are you with soldering?

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maximilious I’m not planning to use my Switch in the mean time though I’m kinda paranoid leaving it in Recovery mode too long docked. I will reach out towards the SX Team and see if I can get it replaced. If not I’ll just get a SX Gear later. Thanks for the advice!

@linuxares I haven’t solder anything in my life lol. I will contact the SX Team first and see if they can get my dongle replace. It’s strange that it went defected after 5 or more times used

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy the SX Gear or can replace the two capacitors of your SX PRO dongle

The best you can do is contact Team Xecuter and see if they can help you

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy the SX Gear or can replace the two capacitors of your SX PRO dongle

The best you can do is contact Team Xecuter and see if they can help you
Yeah I’ll do that first and foremost. Buying a new SX Gear is fine but if it keeps happening after very little uses I’d rather just look into getting it replaced from them first than buying it. Thanks for the help guys

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use TegraRCMGui from your PC to boot hekate and power your console off if you're afraid of RCM.
Alright, I've used Tegra and Hekate to boot out of AutoRCM. Now I just need to wait a reply from the SX Team. Thanks! I'll never use AutoRCM again after this

Reactions: antiNT

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please stop advertising TegraRCMGui

STFU, providing a software solution so he can actually use his switch isn't advertising, instead you suggest just buying another for it to die in less than 6 months time again, go pour your money down the toilet

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Consider getting a different dongle that's not the TX one. The Atmosphere dongle you can find on alliexpress is not only cheaper but better. I've heard good things about the R4 dongle as well but i've heard better things about the Atmosphere one

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider getting a different dongle that's not the TX one. The Atmosphere dongle you can find on alliexpress is not only cheaper but better. I've heard good things about the R4 dongle as well but i've heard better things about the Atmosphere one
Sounds good! Never heard of it till now so I’ll definitely check that first since the SX Pro Dongle didn’t last that Long

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead