Hacking Question SX OS

Sinzah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am possibly thinking about getting SX OS. My son however plays Splatoon 2 online. Is this still possible? Even if it requires booting in to Horizon to do it. I'm just concerned about risk of a ban.

What I would probably do is have two separate SD cards. One for SX OS or Hekate and another for Horizon. What types of things would I have to stay away from that "could" get us banned?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I am possibly thinking about getting SX OS. My son however plays Splatoon 2 online. Is this still possible? Even if it requires booting in to Horizon to do it. I'm just concerned about risk of a ban.

What I would probably do is have two separate SD cards. One for SX OS or Hekate and another for Horizon. What types of things would I have to stay away from that "could" get us banned?
You need a new console to be safe. If you ever get banned, you can't unban your console. Also, the only real way of not being caught is staying offline. But logs are always sent when you are online, so it is really risky.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Sinzah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a new console to be safe. If you ever get banned, you can't unban your console. Also, the only real way of not being caught is staying offline. But logs are always sent when you are offline, so it is really risky.
buying a second switch is the only safe way tbh.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was afraid of. We'd probably get one eventually anyways.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSVita sent and received data while in Airplane mode, Switch can do the same. You need to delete all your wifi information and/or block all Nintendo's traffic from your router
I blocked my switch via router so its all good. And really??? wtf? my vita never did that either. Always had it near wifi and had airplane mode on. I havent had my switch connect to my router once so far. The internet portion is blocked.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you suggesting that the Switch secretly turns on it's WiFi radio and connects to your saved access point while in airplane mode?
Why can’t he? Sometimes, my phone reboots itself. Only in the middle on the night. When I grab my phone the first of the day, I’m asked to input my password to unlock my phone. It only does this when it reboots, that’s how I know. Electronic toggles are funny sometimes.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Team Xecutor says next SX OS update will have some kind of ban-proof technique, but damn me if I know how actually useful it'll be in the end.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can’t he? Sometimes, my phone reboots itself. Only in the middle on the night. When I grab my phone the first of the day, I’m asked to input my password to unlock my phone. It only does this when it reboots, that’s how I know. Electronic toggles are funny sometimes.

He can suggest whatever he wants. I'm trying to clarify because the claim that the Switch secretly enables the WiFi radio is extraordinary. I'm pretty sure that would be a violation of federal law. Your phone doing random reboots is irrelevant. We're not talking about a glitch here. We are talking about a literal, undocumented feature.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSVita sent and received data while in Airplane mode, Switch can do the same. You need to delete all your wifi information and/or block all Nintendo's traffic from your router
Perhaps you're confused...? That's not airplane mode if the device is making wireless communications.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess