Question SX-Os refuge :D

Hamdan Jun 19, 2019.

1. Hamdan
    OP

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    Hello I recently switched to Atmosphere from Sx Os [Due to it getting EmuMMC]
    And to be honest, probably because i don't know much, I am not really enjoying my experience (No hate please)
    OK so I have been keeping up with atmosphere and know most of what I need to know but i have a few questions:

1. Kosmos isn't a fit-all right? It needs to be updated for each version of atmosphere? If not, how do i set it up for emuMMC?

2. If i am not mistaken ingognito does something to the prodinfo so nintendo can't identify it as your console and, hence, ban you.
    Is ingognito not working on atmosphere emuMMC because it is confused about where the nand is or am i just doing it wrong

3. How do i access the power menu in Atmos? Because in emuMMC I hold down the power button and nothing comes up.
    It is probably an after-effect of buggy emuMMC but just asking to see if others had this problem

Thank you, my friends! :D

2. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    But SXOS has had EmuNAND for a long long time, and it's much more feature complete than Atmosphere's nascent version.

stephrk398, DbGt, budtoka420 and 5 others like this.
  3. Hamdan
    OP

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    atq

4. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    Why did you move from a stable, well developed, revised, Commercial-Grade EmuNAND solution to a hobbyist project that by the developers own admission, barely works? It seems like you're asking for help with a problem you've voluntarily caused yourself? That's confusing.

stephrk398, DbGt, morvoran and 5 others like this.
  5. Masamune3210

Masamune3210 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2016
    United States
    Since everyone else seems to think it's more fun to whine about switching instead of just accepting it and being useful, I will try

1. Kosmos is just a pack of Homebrew with a few modifications to things to make it easier for people. It has to be updated for each new version of atmosphere when it updates. But it usually doesn't take long. Not sure but Im pretty sure you would just set emunand up like you would for normal atmosphere

2. Incognito fails because all writes to prodinfo are blocked to prevent people from messing with it including ninty. Not sure how to allow it if you even can.

3. Sounds like a bug to me, you usually just hold the power button to open the menu with sleep and shutdown

Zidapi likes this.
  6. Hamdan
    OP

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    For Kosmos, it seems to boot up but them "crashes", as in the switch turns off. Even with the hekate emuMMC patch
    I thought ingognito would work and muddle up my emuMMC as it does for normal Nand

Thank you! :)

Exactly?

Last edited by Hamdan, Jun 20, 2019
  7. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    If only sx os worked with larger sysnands.

8. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    Be serious, the emuMMC implementation are more clean and better than TX solution, seems easy talk through ignorance... but the truth it's in the code ;)

mathew77 likes this.
  9. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    Hahaha, commercial grade solution, ahahaha... More like prowler grade solution...

10. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    emummc is still broken on firmware 8.1 even with the new fixed version from the A team. emunand of the S team is booting to firmware 8.1 just fine. Waiting for the fix of the fixed version. It might be the emummc.kip hasn't update yet. The more devs the more benefits but messy as hell and fun.

Dark Ronin and gizmomelb like this.
  11. Hamdan
    OP

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    I wish all the developers of kosmos, hekate, atmos would work together. Then we could have a standard release and developers wouldn't have to depend on others to update.

thaikhoa likes this.
  12. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    I'll give it a shot. Don't worry, I don't hate on CFW - I use them all so I don't discriminate. Atmosphere emuMMC is by admission still being worked on and only partition based emuMMC currently functions. Atmosphere requires a learning curve, especially coming from SX OS where everything is seamlessly already put together and working from a unified GUI system, with little to do manual file interaction taking place. With Atmopshere you'll constantly be updating files, replacing files, changing configuration options, etc ... as to get the desired effects requires some leg work.

Kosmos is a pre-configured distribution of Atmosphere and various homebrew applications. It's best to manually download and install each new version. Make sure to grab the "espatches" that allow you to boot backups. The last time I checked the latest version doesn't include emuMMC support, so you would need to download the latest version of Atmopshere and copy and repalace the files on your micro sd card after copying the latest Kosmos package. After that you would just proceed as normal to setup and use emuMMC.

I'm not sure about this one.

Hold the power button down like normal and select the shut down option. If the normal drop down menu isn't appearing then something is wrong.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I keep reading about the emummc.kip file, but never see it mentioned in any guides relating to emuMMC setup. I'm not using my main computer right now so I can't check, but does it come with Atmosphere? If not were do you get it and why do none of the setup guides mention it?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Really, would you mind sharing the SX OS source code with us so I can see how they implemented it?

Dark Ronin and thaikhoa like this.
  13. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    I'm not able to compile emummc.kip right now. There's a fixed commit already on the emummc GitHub if anyone has an ability to compile it. Hope it will help.

https://github.com/m4xw/emuMMC/commit/fa76fca934afceff76d1e9c3852e061ca2f617b2

14. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    So, even though Atmosphere supports emuMMC, you still need to use the external kip plugin from mx4w's repo? If so why isn't this mentioned in any of the guides? (Sorry, I'm still reading about how to setup emuMMC and waiting for the bugs to get worked out before I do so).

15. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Yea, it seems Atmosphere and mx4w's emummc are separated in development. Someone said to put emummc.kip inside of the atmosphere folder to patch emummc but I haven't confirmed on how does it really patch yet.

16. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Well, m4xw added his emuMMC code to Atmosphere so I assumed you wouldn't need any external kips to set it up. Possibly, he added emuMMC support to Atmosphere that requires using the external kip. Now I'm more confused then I was previously. I guess I'll have to keep asking questions.

thaikhoa likes this.
  17. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Sorry! My bad, I copied the wrong build of Atmosphere, that's why emummc is broken. It's all good now. It means emummc 8.1 with Atmosphere fixed 0.9.1 works without any emummc.kip patch.

18. Hamdan
    OP

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    Oh so we don't need the emummc.kip file?

19. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    No, you don't need that kip to run emummc.

20. Hamdan
    OP

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    Are you experiencing the power menu bug?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted