SX OS Q&A

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by midstor, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    Q.What backup formats does SX OS support?
    A. Currently it supports XCI and NSP files with hdd coming eventually.

Q.What are the ban risks?
    A.When using any Custom Firmware (including SX OS, Atmosphere, etc) there is a ban risk if you a worried about it please buy a second switch.

Q.Are nand backups needed?
    A.Yes and no, If you would like to be 100% safe from bricks please create a nand backup with hekate, if you don't care then don't.

Q.Emunand when?
    A.SX OS will eventually support EmuNand but the requests have died out a bit.

Q.Do I have to pay for a license?
    A.Nope, there is a free version of SX OS that has homebrew support! If you want backup loading please purchase a license.

Q.Brick code? Will I be bricked?
    A.Certain developers have found some DRM in the Xecuter SX OS CFW this was NOT removed but rather made to loop if it's called.

Q.Where to buy?
    A.You can get a license or a pro from sites on https://team-xecuter.com/where-to-buy/

Thanks for reading! If you need anymore things featured here please comment.
    Notice:this post is based off publicly available info packaged into a neat little post :)

DontForgetLuigi likes this.
  2. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    Hi! i hope this was informative and helpful to users

3. MightyMoe

MightyMoe GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2018
    Qatar
    That was a waste of time, space, bandwidth.. And just a waste of our/your limited life on this earth.

And so was this comment but it had to be said.

jakkal, CrAzYLiFe and Dionicio3 like this.
  4. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    thank you

iriez likes this.
  5. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    Nobody is going to read this shit because nobody uses the search function. They will still ask the same stupid questions, day after day, year after year. You get a gold star for effort though.

iriez and CrAzYLiFe like this.
  6. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Emunand when the people who are working on it complete the job. Highly doubtful xecuter is working on that, history has shown them willing to improve others code for release within their product line but nothing from scratch that I have seen.

And no, people have not stopped or lessened asking for it.

7. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 12, 2018, Reason: Not helpful.
    Aug 12, 2018
  8. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    Look back further than the switch. They've been around a long long time.

It wasn't that big of a jump from 3DS to switch for most devs. And you can't blame them for dipping into the honey pot, since the scene pretty much exploded over night.

CrAzYLiFe likes this.
  9. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    What is the point of this thread? At first I thought it was an official Q&A from TX team but it's just OP answering some seeemingly common questions? Just contact TX to put those answers in their next Q&A. Or better yet, just let TX handle their own product and customers.

CrAzYLiFe likes this.
  10. ByteBite

ByteBite GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2013
    Seychelles
  11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  12. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    This thread already exists and is also available from Team Xecutur themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.