Oracle84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I've SX OS running (latest BETA release) and everything works so far, except for my external HDD.
I have the following problem:

External HDD is formatted as ExFat. I have an xci file in the root of the external HDD, also tried with sxos\xci and with switch\xci, but when I go to the album in SX OS, it says that there are no files found on SD card and it looks it doesn't even see the external HDD.

My external HDD is a Western Digital My Passport 1TB. I can see that the led light on the HDD keeps flickering.

Any idea?

mesmeriize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you put xci in sxos\games

if it doesn't recognize, rename the xci to a simpler name for example zelda.xci

if it still doesnt work, format hdd on computer to exfat again and try again, also make sure your firmware has exfat support.

If still doesnt work, your hdd is probably not compatible

Oracle84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think it is the external HDD. I've tried 2 other USB sticks, formatted as ExFat, put the games in the root, but also in sxos\games or scos\xci, but it won't get recognized. If I put the xci file on the root of the SD card, it's recognized immediately.

I put the xci files with Windows on the pc on the external HDD. So I download them en copy them in Windows to the external HDD.
Do I need to transfer them with SX installer or something from SD to External USB?

I'm running the latest beta of sx os (3.0.4)

Last edited by Oracle84,

ashhong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope it’s ok to piggy back off of this thread: my switch on sx os used to read my usb hard drives just fine. I had 2 out of 2 that worked perfectly. However all of a sudden it doesn’t work and just doesn’t get scanned at all. I tried another dock and still the same issue. Only thing I did was update to the newest firmware and also SXOS. Any ideas?

username23bob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try formatting your drive, and then placing each xci on there one at a time. i don’t have them in a folder, just on the root of the ssd

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope it’s ok to piggy back off of this thread: my switch on sx os used to read my usb hard drives just fine. I had 2 out of 2 that worked perfectly. However all of a sudden it doesn’t work and just doesn’t get scanned at all. I tried another dock and still the same issue. Only thing I did was update to the newest firmware and also SXOS. Any ideas?
The drives might be dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey