Hacking SX Core Boot.dat error when booting into OFW

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
I get the error "Boot.dat?" whenever I boot my Nintendo Switch (with SX Core installed) with my clean micro-sd (I have two micro sds: one intended to not be tampered with with nothing that even reminds of an emulator or homebrew let alone backups and one with homebrews and SX OS installed).
I figured out I needed the boot.dat file on the clean micro-sd too and if I put it in then the Switch boots into the boot selection screen that asks me if I want to boot into OFW or EmuNAND.

Is there any way to skip the boot.dat check and possibly boot cleanly into OFW without having the boot.dat file in my clean micro-sd? I just want to keep it safe.

Kind regards.

Goffrier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to download latest sxos and place in the root of your SD,then if it still doesnt work your SD is dead or corrupted or the SD reader is broken

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because you have sx core installed, the chip overrides the boot and common sense is it looks for boot.dat.

put it on root of both sd cards in order to get to sx os menu, from there select ofw
You can't boot to anything without eboot.dat on sd card.

When you boot in ofw the nsp games or other homebrew is not visible on ofw.

My exfat 200gb card didn't work with sx os. I had to format to fat32 with format gui. This is the site where you can download it:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
i think what he is meaning is that he has no idea that fitting the sx core chip to his console is over riding and will try boot sx os menu, had a little bit of sense and tried to read their fa before making a permanent change to his console, he would have known this.

boot.dat is needed on root of sd card, from there he can boot ofw from sx os menu as you would using rcm dongle.

but then again, this is someone wanting 1 sd card, emunand (which is pointless) and one sd card for "legit use", on a console with a soldered mod chip...... pointless.

Reactions: tsam2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1