Hacking Switch's stuck in Transfer Save loop

gtarmanrob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have an unmodded OLED I use for all my main activities and then my modded V1, running Emunand all setup properly. My Sysnand on the V1 is clean and unbanned

I have used PKHEX to edit Pokemon saves and been tranferring them between the 2 units successfully, using the emunand - sysnand method found on YT. So no JKSV homebrew stuff, actual NAND transfers. I then login to my sysnand on the V1 and use the Save Transfer tool in the Switch system settings to transfer the saves to my OLED

Anyway last night I did this with my Sword save and was fine. I then decided I wanted to move my Violet save over this way. All was fine, until during the Transfer Save process, something happened or failed and the Transfer didnt work

Now...both the OLED and V1 are stuck in a loop. No matter if I turn off, reboot, whatever, they just return to thr Transfer utility and try and fail to find each other. Booting into Maintenance mode I can only reinitialise and wipe the entire Switch, I cant reinitialise AND keep save data, its greyed out?

Am I fucked here? My modded V1 isnt an issue but my OLED, while i have cloud saving on and should be updated for most games, there are all the Pokemon saves that cant be cloud backed, and my Scarlet for example is 500+ legit hours...I am assuming that is all gone now if my only option is to reinitialise?

I cant believe this Transfer process cant be cancelled or interrupted...i dont care if the save I was trying to transfer is now corrupted or whatever

gtarmanrob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you get a solution?

Yeah I did, from a reddit member actually. I intend to make a quick video just to share the solution, obviously it's not something you can, or would want, to replicate. I fixed my main OLED and was back to original state

The other one havent done it yet, just booted up emunand instead

But the solution is you hold down Left Stick and press + right before it asks you to continue to search for the Transfer Switch again, re-entering the broken loop. Its not a rush job but seems can only do it at that moment and it provides a new hiddem option to Cancel the save transfer process

I will need to test and confirm whether the save file itself is now corrupted on the source Switch, the destination Switch was like nothing ever happened to it

gtarmanrob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it still safer to use the transfer save utility rather than rely on cloud saves?

I would say cloud saves are technically "safer" since when you upload them to the cloud, the save it still on your source system so you dont ever lose it

With Save Transfer, the save leaves the source system, and then in the this particular case I had, if things go wrong, without this trick, both consoles are essentiallly bricked

I also just tested this again on my still bricked NAND on my hacked console, and before I fix it will make a quick video. I will amend above, you dont just press Left Stick and + ... you hold them until the message appears to cancel the transfer

Feistypetmeme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I did, from a reddit member actually. I intend to make a quick video just to share the solution, obviously it's not something you can, or would want, to replicate. I fixed my main OLED and was back to original state

The other one havent done it yet, just booted up emunand instead

But the solution is you hold down Left Stick and press + right before it asks you to continue to search for the Transfer Switch again, re-entering the broken loop. Its not a rush job but seems can only do it at that moment and it provides a new hiddem option to Cancel the save transfer process

I will need to test and confirm whether the save file itself is now corrupted on the source Switch, the destination Switch was like nothing ever happened to it
Hello I am going through the same problem the problem is that the other switch I am using has now had the blue screen of death and I can’t fix it a have tried the solution you have given but I doesn’t work if you could go into more detail or make a video on how to fix it that would be great I have had the issue for a month now and I don’t know what to do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing