Hardware Switch v1 ,Wi-Fi is dead.

GranitMsk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I have a problem . My wifi isn’t working. I can’t see any networks . I was trying factory reset , downgraded to lower firmware, opened and changed thermal paste, clean everything with 93 alcohol no luck so far. Maybe you can help me to diagnose my problem ? Maybe some software I can use to figure things out ?
Thank you.

GranitMsk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really dumb question just to make sure, you haven't activated airplane mode?
I haven’t activated airplane mode and that’s not a dumb question. I’ll be appreciated for any help. I have error code 2110- 1118 .
Post automatically merged:

Hmm... I guess you don't have a spare Switch (preferably a v1) laying around?
I don’t and I can’t barrow it.

Last edited by GranitMsk,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Have you tried resetting the console i "maintenance mode"? I saw someone on reddit that managed to fix his Switch (ironically a v1 as well) by doing that.

To enter Maintaince mode. When it's completly shutdown. Hold Vol - and Vol +, then power it on.

GranitMsk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried resetting the console i "maintenance mode"? I saw someone on reddit that managed to fix his Switch (ironically a v1 as well) by doing that.

To enter Maintaince mode. When it's completly shutdown. Hold Vol - and Vol +, then power it on.
I just did that second time. Unfortunately no luck . I was “playing” with 4ifir before WiFi went off . Can 4ifir kill WiFi chip?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just did that second time. Unfortunately no luck . I was “playing” with 4ifir before WiFi went off . Can 4ifir kill WiFi chip?
Probably not, I don't know.

I mean Switches Wifi chip can die. Sometimes a reflow is all that is needed. So I think this is hardware related.

GranitMsk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean Switches Wifi chip can die. Sometimes a reflow is all that is needed. So I think this is hardware related.

Thank you for your your help. I think it’s hardware related too. I guess I’ll will use that without WiFi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle