Hacking Question Switch stuck in battery icon bootloop

Dilacerate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used my switch a little over a month ago and installed cfw on it, backed up my sysnand and setup emunand with hekate and ran atmosphere. I updated to 8.1.0 with choi and everything was running smooth. I turned it off and haven't booted it up till today a month later. It won't turn at all. I plugged in the charger and all it does is flash the battery icon at 100% and then it turns off and shows the battery icon screen. It repeats it forever. If I hold the power button it shows the nintendo logo then it turns off and goes back to the battery icon screen. I left it to charge for 9 hours straight while I was at work and still it won't turn on like in this video

I tried unplugging it and tried to boot into cfw with rcmloader and a jig and it does nothing, I tried with my SXOS dongle too. I tried to connect it to my pc and boot a payload with tegra and the pc doesn't recognize it. I'm fresh out of ideas. Should I let it charge longer or should I try to replace the battery? I've never seen a console crap itself like this before.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how does it boot into stock sysnand? i ve seen joy-cons do this and it was a battery issue so it maybe needs replace

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
try without the Nintendo folder u can move it to pc if u want.

if your sure the battery has been fully charged put it into hekate and let it sit there to completely drain back to 0 and let it turn off from no power left then let it charge to at least 10% before booting but if u do try to boot at 10& u need to have it plug in a charger as that's min

Last edited by pcwizard7,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You probably need to open it and try to remove the battery then connect it back again. If that doesn't do it then I guess the battery needs to be replaced with a new one.
This!

It's super easy to open the Switch. The only issue is a triwing if you don't have one of those.
But to me it sounds like a faulty battery.

Dilacerate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This!

It's super easy to open the Switch. The only issue is a triwing if you don't have one of those.
But to me it sounds like a faulty battery.

YOOO I opened my switch unhooked the battery and reconnected it and now its charging with low battery. Its not rebooting or anything. I'll post an update in about a half hour when I can turn the switch on. You guys are gods. I tried researching for hours on what might have been wrong with my switch to no avail.

Edit: Switch has powered on and booted into OFW perfect. It's now sitting in the dock charging. I am going to bed.

Last edited by Dilacerate,

AndrewH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice! So glad this worked out for you. I was feeling your stress. I hate when stuff like this happens. Causes me a lot of anxiety.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Checking on this thread again as I have just started experiencing this issue.

The moment that I plug the charger my console works fine. If I remove it and try to play without power it shows the low battery icon repeatedly.

Checking in Hekate the battery charge is perfectly fine.

So don't know what to do and would try to avoid opening it up.

Any solution in the new updates?

Reactions: lolz5521

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Checking on this thread again as I have just started experiencing this issue.

The moment that I plug the charger my console works fine. If I remove it and try to play without power it shows the low battery icon repeatedly.

Checking in Hekate the battery charge is perfectly fine.

So don't know what to do and would try to avoid opening it up.

Any solution in the new updates?
This has happened to me and I just let my battery completely drain. I was about to go get it repaired 2 weeks after this happened and it started working. The exact same thing your switch was doing. SO it just a battery error. Stop plugging it in for a LONG time. If you have a old switch then it will die quicker. (took 2 weeks for 75% for me)

Reactions: Bullseye

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
This has happened to me and I just let my battery completely drain. I was about to go get it repaired 2 weeks after this happened and it started working. The exact same thing your switch was doing. SO it just a battery error. Stop plugging it in for a LONG time. If you have a old switch then it will die quicker. (took 2 weeks for 75% for me)

Thanks! I have an old switch, bought it on FW 3.1. I have been treating it quite well so I was a bit surprised.

I will leave it without touching for a while. Will see if it solves itself

Reactions: GuglioIsStupid

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! I have an old switch, bought it on FW 3.1. I have been treating it quite well so I was a bit surprised.

I will leave it without touching for a while. Will see if it solves itself
Nice I got mine on day of launch with BoTW and Mario Odyssey so I decided to mod it in September of last year (And also make sure its not on charge

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean? Just let the console be without charge as he indicated.

I mean that when I press start it shows the Nintendo logo and right after the low battery symbol. Meaning that there is still some battery.

My question was if I need to wait until there is no energy at all and not even the Nintendo symbol or low batter symbol shows up (red symbol on battery)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean that when I press start it shows the Nintendo logo and right after the low battery symbol. Meaning that there is still some battery.

My question was if I need to wait until there is no energy at all and not even the Nintendo symbol or low batter symbol shows up (red symbol on battery)
It doesn't make a difference. The console's charge rate will not change with or without any remaining battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water