ROM Hack Switch save editing - -user-

grubgrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sorry if this has been answered before:
Has anyone figured out how -user- edits peoples save files?

From the description of his listing, he requires you yo upload you save data to Nintendo online servers,
He then requires you switch online password and he downloads you save and modifies the save and uploads the modified save to the Nintendo online servers.
You can then download the modified save and have the items you requested.

For example, for monster hunter generations ultimate, he can edit your save to have really good charms
He has a few listings on eBay
www.google.com

Thanks!

Last edited by linuxares,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
He is most likely just using a hacked Switch, it's not hard at all todo and there is a ton of ways to edit save files. Pay for them? Pfft...

Reactions: grubgrub

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From the description of his listing, he requires you yo upload you save data to Nintendo online servers,
He then requires you switch online password and he downloads you save and modifies the save and uploads the modified save to the Nintendo online servers.

For example, for monster hunter generations ultimate, he can edit your save to have really good charms
www.google.com

Thanks!

He probably using cheats to do those things, requiring CFW. He link someone else profile to his unit and then ran the code, save them and let the buyer know about it, but there is risk for the buyer getting a banned for cheating.

Reactions: LyuboA and grubgrub

grubgrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Great, thanks.
Thought this might be risk free way to get good charms.
But seems just as risky as editing it yourself

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

www.google.com

Thanks!

yaa give your account password to a complete stranger very smart thats probably a SCAM

Reactions: grubgrub

Eificnal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
When I didnt renew my NSO for a few months, and did a factory reset for my switch, only to realize all my backup save data was wiped, f*** Nintendo for this hidden T&Cs. Lost my precious completed botw save.

I did engage someone from ebay to inject the save back, and recently too for immortals fenyx rising boosting, not sure if its the same seller OP refers to, but definitely be careful of who you engage.

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I didnt renew my NSO for a few months, and did a factory reset for my switch, only to realize all my backup save data was wiped, f*** Nintendo for this hidden T&Cs. Lost my precious completed botw save.

I did engage someone from ebay to inject the save back, and recently too for immortals fenyx rising boosting, not sure if its the same seller OP refers to, but definitely be careful of who you engage.
Sorry for the old bump, but I have my PS4 Persona save converted to Switch save but no modded Switch, so I'm considering having someone on eBay do it. Since you've been through it - this went alright for you? No ban in the end?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: yes