head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So how many of you have tried plugging other random USB 2.0/3.0 or USB type C things into your Nintendo Switch to see if they work?

iv so far tested my 1 dongle bluetooth keyboard/mouse lol, only the keyboard worked. :rofl:
Obviously Wii/WiiU LAN & random other USB/Ethernet Lan adapters still work.

no USB storage yet? tested USB sticks in both USB 2.0/3.0 ports couldn't get to detect.

also.. :unsure:

USB type c to 3.5 Aux? for using a headset on Switch Pro controller?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Type-C-...hash=item2380bcdd4b:m:m1u8geTb1s5a99iwOsGFGbA

or perhaps.. USB type C to Ethernet LAN adapter Switch without dock?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-C-Type-...454470?hash=item1eb7ba3c06:g:5wEAAOSw5HJXKr1d

Last edited by T3GZdev,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of us by now have a general idea of charging the Switch undocked with powerbanks and the performance we can expect.

There was a thread last night on Reddit that discussed using alternate power sources through the dock itself. For instance buying a $60 "dock only" from Nintendo and providing your own charger/HDMI cable. Apparently this does not work even it the charger meets or exceeds the specs of the official Nintendo Charger. Speculation is that Nintendo included circuitry in the dock to test for their own equipment. If this is indeed true it is very crApple of them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5zh3cr/switch_dock_requires_nintendo_power_adapter/

Last edited by thorasgar,

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Most of us by now have a general idea of charging the Switch undocked with powerbanks and the performance we can expect.

There was a thread last night on Reddit that discussed using alternate power sources through the dock itself. For instance buying a $60 "dock only" from Nintendo and providing your own charger/HDMI cable. Apparently this does not work even it the charger meets or exceeds the specs of the official Nintendo Charger. Speculation is that Nintendo included circuitry in the dock to test for their own equipment. If this is indeed true it is very crApple of them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5zh3cr/switch_dock_requires_nintendo_power_adapter/
That's. Sick AF does the switch charge even from anything other than first party AC adaptor? Cus it certainly doesn't charge using powerbanks just drains their battery.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Didn't take long to read that the chargers the guy tried to use that failed did not support the 15 V USB PD profile the Switch expects. Any tests done with something that supports the 15V USB PD profile with a high enough amperage?

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
That's. Sick AF does the switch charge even from anything other than first party AC adaptor? Cus it certainly doesn't charge using powerbanks just drains their battery.
Isn't that what the power bank is for? Giving it load to the device? sure it's just draining if it doesn't give enough, but that's your fault, not the devices fault..

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anantech has proven powerbanks will maintain the Switch battery when playing BotW but they need to be powerful enough. Others have reported a slow charge but their actual usage may not have been at full tilt.

Didn't take long to read that the chargers the guy tried to use that failed did not support the 15 V USB PD profile the Switch expects. Any tests done with something that supports the 15V USB PD profile with a high enough amperage?
There is a link in there to another longer thread with more argument and claims that the MacBook C charger will and will not work. I just have an older MacBook Pro charger so I can't test myself.

But even if a USB PD power supply does work and there is no Nintendo proprietary circuitry the brick and cable combined mostly likely would cost as much or more than the $30 Nintendo official one.

I can confirm that USBKiller works with a Nintendo Switch and a USB-C adapter
You know the drill. Pics or it didn't happen.:rofl:

Last edited by thorasgar,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the extra nintendo charger isnt that much when you think about it.
A mac book charger is normally $45-65 while an extra switch charger is $30.
Does it suck that you cant use the million of cellphone charges you have. Yes but at the same time when the last time you use another charger for your ds or psp or vita?
Atless a usb-c charge will give the switch some juice so it doesnt die.

Now the playing on tv part. Idk whats in the charger and dock combo but seems nintendo made it so you need both. And how it stands now its not a big deal. If you opt for another dock you surelt can get another charger.
Or keep your 1 dock and just get another charger for traval.

If i had the money and care enough id get another dock and strip it down and put it in a small 3d printed box.

I now it will be done soon, it just not cost effect

And i havent plus anything into the switch. Iv seen youtube video of the keyboard, but other then charging i dont need anything

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now the playing on tv part. Idk whats in the charger and dock combo but seems nintendo made it so you need both. And how it stands now its not a big deal. If you opt for another dock you surelt can get another charger.
Or keep your 1 dock and just get another charger for traval.

The second dock is 90 without a charger and hdmi. You get just the dock. The dock bundle (not available yet) for a second dock, charger and hdmi will cost you 150. Half the cost of the Switch. Yeah gamestop and both best buy have a release date for April 28th for the dock bundle in their instore computer systems and that's the official price. Once you add the price for a pro controller and the charging grips (if you want them) or a second set of joy cons, you are already at or near the price of buying a second switch. Nintendo Switch accessories are more expensive as a 500 lb bag of horse shiit

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second dock is 90 without a charger and hdmi. You get just the dock. The dock bundle (not available yet) for a second dock, charger and hdmi will cost you 150. Half the cost of the Switch. Yeah gamestop and both best buy have a release date for April 28th for the dock bundle in their instore computer systems and that's the official price. Once you add the price for a pro controller and the charging grips (if you want them) or a second set of joy cons, you are already at or near the price of buying a second switch. Nintendo Switch accessories are more expensive as a 500 lb bag of horse shiit
$90 with charger and hdmi. Its listed on nintedo right now.

Joycons are $80 a pair and u end up with 2 vs a x1 or ps4 controllee at $60
And the switch pro controller is only $70 which is $10 higher.
I dont see that a big deal vs the other systems.
And how mucb you thin a x1 power brick is.
Yes the ps4 is a simple $2 cord

Last edited by xile6,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't come with the charger. I looked the day the switch launched...unless Nintendo added it recently
Its on there now
And i have always seen it like that
Screenshot_20170315-111109.jpg

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's $60 without charger and HDMI, or $90 with.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
lol sorry for the late replies i didnt receive any notifications that anyone commented for some reason. :blink:
also been distracted by zelda. :D

updated original post tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: downloading a couple of puyo puyo ds games