LordAdonis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
I'm currently trying to fix a Nintendo Switch and found these problems.
If i try to power it on normally nothing happens.
If I connect it to my PC and try to inject Hekate it shows up backlight but nothing on the screen.
So what I think is, it has AutoRCM and a non-working display, but I'm not sure.
Is there any way to turn off AutoRCM without using Hekate on my Switch? Or does someone maybe know the issue?

Thank you in advance!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was on AutoRCM when you connect to like Tegrasmashgui it should says RCM ready, If it was a non working display then it is pretty much garbage to you unless you fix it.

LordAdonis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it was on AutoRCM when you connect to like Tegrasmashgui it should says RCM ready, If it was a non working display then it is pretty much garbage to you unless you fix it.

Sorry, didnt explain it right.
It says "RCM Device detected".
And after inecting it says "Payload successfully injected" and the backlight turns on.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, didnt explain it right.
It says "RCM Device detected".
And after inecting it says "Payload successfully injected" and the backlight turns on.

Sound like screen doesn't work, no display even though the unit turn on.

How long you own it? bought it as non working trying to repair it or was it working before?

Last edited by Hayato213,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it as non working trying to repair it.

Sound like the backlight of the unit went out that why you don't see anything on screen, you can try going into a dark room with a flashlight looking at the screen to see if there is anything on screen with the hekate payload injected. The screen need to replaced as the backlight is glued on to the LCD.

Andrezin0692

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
did you try injecting fusse primary and loading directly to AMS without Hekate? Remember to use the right payload for the version of AMS you are using, cause it wont boot otherwise... Then put it on a dock and se if it gives a picture...

LordAdonis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did you try injecting fusse primary and loading directly to AMS without Hekate? Remember to use the right payload for the version of AMS you are using, cause it wont boot otherwise... Then put it on a dock and se if it gives a picture...

What do you mean with AMS? Sorry, I started to repair switches for one week now, still a lot to learn.

LordAdonis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He mean you can probably use the switch in dock mode but you won't probably see anything on handheld mode.

Tried to put it in the dock. The green lamp blinked and nothing else happened.
Guess it happens cause it's in recovery mod and wouldn't show anything even if the screen worked.

Andrezin0692

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean with AMS? Sorry, I started to repair switches for one week now, still a lot to learn.
AMS means atmosphere, its the CFW. When you use hekate to boot it will go to the hakate menu unless you have autopayload configured. The hakate menu won't give you a screen in dock mode, so if your switch is not giving an image in portable mode, you won't be able to boot to the OS. If you use a clean install of atmosphere OS, with its payload fusee-primary, it will boot directly to the OS, and give you an image in docked mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have a good guide how I do this?
You should always read the instructions in the Github of the project, since for the switch, alot of things change and get old/broken fast with frequent updates to official firmware, custom firwares, and homebrew... So google atmosphere switch, and check out the latest release. But basicly you will delete old folders from your sd card, and paste the new ones to the SD root, then just run the payload por that specific release, and it should work fine...

LordAdonis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AMS means atmosphere, its the CFW. When you use hekate to boot it will go to the hakate menu unless you have autopayload configured. The hakate menu won't give you a screen in dock mode, so if your switch is not giving an image in portable mode, you won't be able to boot to the OS. If you use a clean install of atmosphere OS, with its payload fusee-primary, it will boot directly to the OS, and give you an image in docked mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should always read the instructions in the Github of the project, since for the switch, alot of things change and get old/broken fast with frequent updates to official firmware, custom firwares, and homebrew... So google atmosphere switch, and check out the latest release. But basicly you will delete old folders from your sd card, and paste the new ones to the SD root, then just run the payload por that specific release, and it should work fine...

I deleted whole SD card and placed the latest Atmosphere datas on it.
After that I placed the SD into my switch and connected to my computer.
I injected Fusee primary and it said succuesfully injected.
But nothing came, no backlight and nothing on docking station.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.