Niyoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and to the OLED modding (and modchips).

I have already found a good v4 modchip thanks to another user here, but I came across the V5 modchip from the same seller.
Does anyone have experience or knows something about OLED v5 modchip?
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005004689811101.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2ita
You can select the v5 OLED chip from the images
Since OLEDs have a burning problem I want to avoid wasting 500

Thanks!

Last edited by Niyoshi,

master_0123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
See this thread (gbatemp.net/threads/new-hwfly-oled-core-v5-chip-is-out-on-aliexpress.621153/). If the price is not higher too much, V5 is better.

Reactions: impeeza

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
without reading the mentioned thread (and your link is invalid), the main difference is in the flex cables. It uses less actual wire, and more flex cable. Some people think it's great. Some installers would rather use wires instead of the extra flex (for cmd clk). They use the adapter for dat0, of course, and the flex over the cpu. Problem is that the new flex for cmd/clk/gnd/+5v doesn't always fit precisely, and the cmd point is super tiny and can cause a brick if it gets lifted or whatever.

But, it comes down to personal choice. Functionally, they are no different. If you get the latest and decide to use the included flex cables, I HIGHLY suggest good use of solder mask with a decent USB UV light to cure it, all around the solder points and corners of the flex cable, and dat2 adapter. Apply mask only after meter checks are verified good, of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.