Hacking Switch form micro 32Gb to 128Gb

dsafra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all i wanna ask mine new 3ds cl can read a micro of 128Gb is compatible and first of put the new memory can i copy all old content from the 32Gb to 129 Gb and i not lose nothing save too? i've cfw luma

thanks

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
format the sd card to fat32 (if its an option cluster size should be 32 as well)
then copy your old sd to your pc
then from your pc to your new sd
enjoy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait a tick . . . is that a typo . . . sd cards come in 128 but not 129

Last edited by wormdood,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all i wanna ask mine new 3ds cl can read a micro of 128Gb is compatible and first of put the new memory can i copy all old content from the 32Gb to 129 Gb and i not lose nothing save too? i've cfw luma

thanks
you can just copy the contents over just make sure both sd cards are formatted to fat32 though from what i've heard that after 64gb loading times might be increased

dsafra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well ty for answer last question about the speed is only on boot? or is best take a 64Gb then a 128 for no lose the speed?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
well ty for answer last question about the speed is only on boot? or is best take a 64Gb then a 128 for no lose the speed?
Got my 128GB card today, it's in my signature. It works to just copy everything from one card to another with no problem. I did notice a few seconds longer on boot. However, I did not notice any slowdown on booting a game or transitioning between areas loading etc.. I did also notice a delay between starting a CIA install and the actual progress beginning, but this only happens at the start and the install itself actually sped up to 2MB/s.

Speed issues will depend on the quality of your card. Although mine is a UHS-I, it is a 2nd revision with some tweaks in. Go with a higher speed if you have the chance and format your card with as big a cluster size as you can, in this case 64KB I think is the limit.

dsafra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well i go for 128Gb o found that one is ok too?
Samsung MB-MC128GA/EU EVO Plus

can you give me a free program for doo that formatting too ty in advance

Last edited by dsafra,

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
well i go for 128Gb o found that one is ok too?
Samsung MB-MC128GA/EU EVO Plus

can you give me a free program for doo that formatting too ty in advance
Panasonic has a formatter that will align your partition in a way that should be read without issue by the 3DS if there are such problems.
EaseUS Partition Master is a tool that will allow you to format cards larger than 32GB in FAT32.

Basically once you align your partition - which will be exFAT - you reformat it in FAT32. You should be good to go if your card is okay.

EDIT: The card looks okay and has higher speeds than my own. I think it's fine.

Last edited by Searinox,
Reactions: dsafra

dsafra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well ty for info and help so i've to run first sdformatter and after easus trial program true?

dsafra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very well so i've done all as said but i've i do cluster size 64k the new 3ds not discover the memory but i've done 32k now discover the memory

The poroblem now is i've copied all previous game saves program etc from old memory but when i insert on console the memory is read but noone of games or other is insalled or i can run where i go wrong?

ty in advance

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very well so i've done all as said but i've i do cluster size 64k the new 3ds not discover the memory but i've done 32k now discover the memory

The poroblem now is i've copied all previous game saves program etc from old memory but when i insert on console the memory is read but noone of games or other is insalled or i can run where i go wrong?

ty in advance
what i want you to do is copy the sd to the pc (if you haven't already)
next i want you to run this program on the sd card SD Memory Card Formatter - SD Association (this will restore the original volume size/structure to the sd)
then use EaseUS Partition Master Free to format the sd to fat32 32kb (remember to click apply)
copy your sd contents back to the sd card and enjoy

Last edited by wormdood,

dsafra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i solved i've to do that now all work perfectly

1. Open the folder you made on your computer, and copy everything to the root of the new card. If you’re asked to overwrite folders, or merge folders, say “yes”.
  2. When the copying has finished, you’re almost there. Next, on the new card, open the folder called “Nintendo 3DS”. Inside there will be folder with a huge string of letters and numbers for the name – open that.
  3. Inside that folder will be two folders with long random names. One of these is the folder tied to your old card, the other is the one tied to your new card. Simply copy the contents (not the folder itself) of the old one (it’ll be the one with the larger filesize) into the other one – merging and overwriting again if necessary. *NOTE! Once you’ve confirmed everything is working, you can delete the old folder to make some space.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i solved i've to do that now all work perfectly

1. Open the folder you made on your computer, and copy everything to the root of the new card. If you’re asked to overwrite folders, or merge folders, say “yes”.
  2. When the copying has finished, you’re almost there. Next, on the new card, open the folder called “Nintendo 3DS”. Inside there will be folder with a huge string of letters and numbers for the name – open that.
  3. Inside that folder will be two folders with long random names. One of these is the folder tied to your old card, the other is the one tied to your new card. Simply copy the contents (not the folder itself) of the old one (it’ll be the one with the larger filesize) into the other one – merging and overwriting again if necessary. *NOTE! Once you’ve confirmed everything is working, you can delete the old folder to make some space.
now i dont want to be rude but the second folder you speak of is the result of either using the sd card for more than one system (or an unlinked emunand) and normally should not cause any problem so to see that it did suggests corruption. personally i would take the sd out put it in the pc and look manually for corrupted files . . . but otherwise good job fixing your unit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye-guys-girls-others.653902/#post-10401826