Hardware Switch become extremely lag when docked

Octario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, do anyone ever got problem like me?

So when i play game in handheld everything just fine, but when docked the console become extremely lag when playing game. But just fine on home menu

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, do anyone ever got problem like me?

So when i play game in handheld everything just fine, but when docked the console become extremely lag when playing game. But just fine on home menu
  1. Does the Switch get excessively hot when docked?
  2. Is the Switch, when docked, in a well-ventilated area?
  3. Are you using CFW? If so, please provide as many details about your CFW setup as possible.

Octario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
  1. Does the Switch get excessively hot when docked?
  2. Is the Switch, when docked, in a well-ventilated area?
  3. Are you using CFW? If so, please provide as many details about your CFW setup as possible.
1. Nope, i dont think its overheat or anything like that, even when i just turn on the switch and put in the docked, it suddenly become lag
2. Yes
3. Already tried OFW or CFW, the problem still persist, tried swapping sd card and the problem still there

Heat? Is something blocking the back of the dock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont think so, even if i just turn on the switch and put in the docked, its just the same

Octario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Does it still happen if you turn airplane mode on (wifi off) before doking it?
Yes it still happen

How long you been using it? Has the thermal paste been replaced?
Maybe two years, nope, not yet

If i put the switch in the dock, i need to restart the switch. If not, the game cannot be played even after i'm taking the switch out from the dock because of the lag.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it still happen

Maybe two years, nope, not yet

If i put the switch in the dock, i need to restart the switch. If not, the game cannot be played even after i'm taking the switch out from the dock because of the lag.

You should change the paste out, it is probably dry out already. See if changing the paste change anything for you.

Sour_Chips1

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
i also face this issue except it only happens when its docked to my monitor and is completely fine when docked to my TV. Did you find any fix?

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say lag, do you mean lag from controller? Like you press a button then it takes half a second to register on screen, and pretty soon you cant even control your character properly cause its like seconds behind?

If that's the case ive had similar issues, for me it was my joycon being too far or being blocked by something. I fixed it by placing my switch higher and nothing blocking the line of sight to my joycon. You can test it by docking your switch then playing as close to your switch as possible. Or play dock with a pro controller. If lag doesnt exist when playing close or with pro controller, then its the low signal between your switch and joycon.

And this from my day one switch in which i have never changed thermal paste, and thats with using emulators with OC. So don't think its the paste.

Last edited by zenjiki,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol