Gaming Swapnote Werewolves: Round III

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone. This is an attempt to take over Red Jiggly's incredibly successful well received (mostly) game, Swapnote werewolves.
I will be your gamemaster for this round so please take it easy on me.

Most of the rules below are written by Red Jiggly with a few updates by me and used with permission.

Updated rules for Round 3:

At the start of the game, Each player gets a role. DO NOT tell other players about it. It is secret, and it is your key to victory. These are the different classes you might get:

There is room for 14 players.

At the "Good side"(14): All the roles on the good side will win when all wolves have been killed.

-The Villagers:(9)
These are the common people. There is absolutely nothing special about them, and as such they will need to work together. They are the biggest group in the game. But whom to trust? They win the game if all wolves have died.

-The Seer:(1)
The seer is a special villager. Every night he can see the true identity of one player. He is the only player that can know FOR SURE if somebody is a wolf or an innocent villager. He works together with the villagers; He wins when all wolves have died. Because of the seer's mighty powers, it is the main target for the wolves. This is the reason that the seer should not tell others he is the seer too soon.

-The Hunter(1)
The Hunter loves shooting stuff with his rifle. In fact, he can shoot one person every night, be it wolf, human, or witch. (Life saving potions will nullify the Hunters power)

-The Scapegoat(1)
This person is a normal villager. However, he has a sad power; Whenever there is a tie during Lynching, if he is still alive, HE will get lynched instead of one the tied people. Even when there is already a Mayor! He will have to do his best and keep a tie from happening.

-The Witch(1)
The witch(or warlock) can brews up potions that can be used to keep people alive, as well as kill them. The witch has an unlimited numeber of life-saving potions and can use one every night, on themselves too! However, they only have one poison for the duration of the game since the ingrediants are kinda hard to find.
The Poison can be used at any time in the game, by sending a message with a victim to the Game Master. This person dies.

-The Miller(1)
This miller is just like a perfectly normal Villager. But he is kind of an outsider... When seen by the Seer, he will show up as a wolf even though he is not one.

The "Bad side"(4): These win when they outnumber the villagers.

-The Wolves:(4)
These pesky creatures are extremely hungry and eat sombody every night. They try to avoid suspicion at all costs, and will try to look as an ordinary villager towards the other players. The wolves know each others identity but not who among them is the Junior wolf. They may pick one of their own to kill during the night as long as there's a majority vote. Ties will result in no wolf kills during the night.

Special roles. They are not chosen normally at the beginning of the game.

-The Lovers(4*)
Two pairs of lovers will be randomly selected at the beginning of the game. One pair will consist of wolf and villager, while the other will be between two villagers.
The wolf-villager team can only win by eliminating everyone else (ie. The last ones standing).
The villager x2 team wins with the villagers.
The two lovers know each others role, and if one of them dies, the other will get heartbroken and die as well.

-The Mayor(1*)
This role is elected by the players during the first day(And, if this results in a tie, a re-election will occur the next day), players can appeal for becoming a mayor, but can also vote on players who do not wish to become Mayor(if you have the most votes, you will become mayor, even if you do not want to). A Mayor's vote counts for two normal votes(he can not vote on two different people however), so it is always helpful to have him at your side. He will become stronger, especially later in the game.
Also, if there is a tie during Lynching(and the Scapegoat is already dead), then he will be able to choose who of the tied people will die in the end.

If the Mayor is killed in any way, a new mayor-election will be held the next day.

Gameplay:

The game revolves in rounds.

Each of these rounds is divided in phases. It's very simple:

Day:
1. All players wake up. You should talk with other players about who is innocent and who should be killed.
(2. If there is no mayor: The election will be now.)
3. The Game Master asks all players to accuse people for the linching.
4. Each player sends a swapnote to ALL PLAYERS(including the Game Master) with the person they want to kill. Everybody should know who, and why, you vote.
5. The Game Master sends a Swapnote to everybody with in there a list of who accused whom, and the final result.
6. The Game Master tells a bloody story about how the accused player got Lynched, and the role of that player is revealed.
Night: ( 'everybody' sleeps.)
1. The wolves and the seer wake up. The wolves decide (together) a victim to kill. The Seer decides a person to see.
2. The hunter picks a person to shoot.
3. The witch picks a person to use the life-restoring potion on (He/she may pick hirself).
4. The game master tells the seer the identity of the chosen player, but only if the seer would not be killed(in any way) this night.
5. Morning comes. The Game Master sends a Swapnote to all players, and tells what player got killed last night(using a gruesome story). The role of that player is revealed.

This games will start in the daytime round, after a NPC victim has been found.

Players that get killed are removed from the game. That is: They can no longer talk nor vote. They will get the results of the different killings sent to them, however.(unless they decide they don't want that)

Feel free to ask any questions ^^.

Want to Join?
If you want to join, you should be able to answer yes to the following questions:

-I have a 3DS.
-I have time to send swapnotes at least once every two days, for the following month.
-I have enough room in my Friend List to add 18 people(all the players and the Game Master)
-I have read this whole post, and understood the game.(If not, feel free to ask questions!)

If you could answer all of them with yes, then please post a post in this topic telling that you want to join, including your Mii name and FriendCode.
As long as there is room, I will add you to the list of players in this post.

Please do not forget to add the FriendCodes of all other players(including the Game Master) to your FriendList! Otherwise we will not be able to send notes to eachother.

Players thus far:

Game Master:
ScarletCrystals/Hourai: 5284-1669-5395

Players: (10 positions remaining)
RedJiggly/qqwy: 1289-8233-0120
KidGameDesigner/Leo: 3780-9023-4673
TheZoc/Zoc: 3695-0336-8063
CrimzonEyed/Li: 0387-9585-5737
Jimskeet2002/Jimskeet: 2449-5482-0954
lithium210: 3007-8103-4484
boekeboekeboeh/Den 1590-4668-6598
TehSkull/Kyle 3523-2041-0237

D

Deleted User

I know that it's getting repetitive for some people, but I've never played it on the player side of things. That's why I'm joining...

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey Hourai some things I noticed.
I think the hunter and witch won't work well in the game. I mean Hunter will kill one person each night which with the wolves makes it 2. This will move the game very fast... I mean each normal day 3 people will die normally and if the witch uses a poison then 4 will die the same day. Also the unlimited life saving for the witch will be very OP lategame when the people are fewer... Also I didn't get the Lovers thing right and another thing about wolves when you say they don't know who is the Junior I think is pretty simple that the Junior will tell them that it is him :/ Unless I didn't get that right either :/

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some new role ideas:

-We could add even more players to the game, but I'm not sure if you, Hourai, would want that, because it becomes even harder to manage. This would however mean that we could have another faction(i.e. a third group of players that wins/loses independently from the wolves/villagers)
-We can still decide to do another theme, for instance a Mafia-related one (As the game originally started with Mafia, back when it was created in Russia). For some inspiration of roles, look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Some interesting roles I would like to have in the game:
-There should be lovers this time. :lol:
-A Doctor/Healer, who can decide one player to 'protect' this night from werewolf-harm. Of course, this happens without him knowing who the wolves are or who their victim is.
-A Jester, somebody who 'wins' the game by succeeding in convincing the other players to lynch him/her. I think we will need the game to continue afterwards however. Maybe something else should happen as well when this person gets lynched?

Just some random toughts... ;)

SuperChutney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a whole host of possible powers to include in the evil team like Sorcerer or Cultist or Werewolf Cub, which would be nice for spicing up the evil team a bit. Something for Swapwolf IV if it happens, maybe.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Hourai some things I noticed.
I think the hunter and witch won't work well in the game. I mean Hunter will kill one person each night which with the wolves makes it 2. This will move the game very fast... I mean each normal day 3 people will die normally and if the witch uses a poison then 4 will die the same day. Also the unlimited life saving for the witch will be very OP lategame when the people are fewer... Also I didn't get the Lovers thing right and another thing about wolves when you say they don't know who is the Junior I think is pretty simple that the Junior will tell them that it is him :/ Unless I didn't get that right either :/
Well, what I was thinking is make this game a bit more fast paced than previous ones. Since the old games took quite awhile to finish. Witch having unlimited saving is just like a doctor in mafia but....I took out the PD so it should be okay.

Junior will not want to tell the other wolves he's junior because he's practically on a side by himself. A problem I've noticed so far is that the bad side works so well together because they can trust each other. So what I'm trying to do is introduce an element in there that will make the bad guys distrust each other as well.
Maybe I should make it mandatory for Junior to take a lover so there will definitely be a third side...
But perhaps this isn't the best way to go about it. What do you guys think?

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would not neccesarily combine the Junior Wolf into something that is:
-Despised by all
-A Lover
-Still has to say 'wolf' once a day.

This means that he will get killed very easily, and he will take his lover with him.
(And to be perfectly honest, I did not really like the effect the Junior Wolf had the last game, resulting in all players talking less and having rows about who said the word 'wolf' when.)

Still, to create more distrust between the wolves, it might be interesting to make sure that ,at random, one of them has to be a lover.

We could also work with two pairs of lovers, now that I think of it... This might add some extra trust between some villagers as well, besides the distrust it creates with the wolves.
To summarize:
-Make Junior not the same guy that has to be a lover.
-Maybe have no Junior at all, make the fourth wolf a full wolf.
-Have at least one pair of Lovers, with one player being one of the wolves, and the other being one of the villagers.
-Possibly a second pair of Lovers, between two villagers.

Reactions: 1 person

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I have a better idea for the junior wolf. Instead of the jr wolf being restricted to the word "wolf" each day, its restricted to a word of the GM's choice that is unknown to everyone. That way the villagers will need time to figure out who the jr wolf is and the notes will be more freely swapped.

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a better idea for the junior wolf. Instead of the jr wolf being restricted to the word "wolf" each day, its restricted to a word of the GM's choice that is unknown to everyone. That way the villagers will need time to figure out who the jr wolf is and the notes will be more freely swapped.
I don't think anyone will ever find out what the GM's word could be... So it is kinda useless as u put it...

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: