Supposedly 3DS banned users now able to connect online

zannalabianca

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, i have a banned 3ds.. but not for play illegaly roms.. I have to call nintendo of America for gave me any attention and remove my ban ?

I can not , I do not speak English (I'm Italian ) ..
I have to wait (or not?) .. other users have got unbanned automatically ?

I am the only Italian who got banned , what should I do ?
33kc87c.jpg
i
Or... Maybe it wasn't a ban.. And just a legitimate problem with connecting?
Odd. I guess it wasn't a ban after all, and everyone got paranoid for no reason.
it's not a ban? and why this error EVERYTIME?

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it was a ban and Nintendo are being super smart.

If I was Nintendo and figured out a way to detect and ban consoles using illegal devices to play games online, I wouldn't ban them as it happened or they'll become aware quite quickly(as happened).
I'd wait, lull everyone into a false sense of security, secretly log the consoles that go online illegally and mass ban them once a considerable amount of ID's have been logged.

Maybe Nintendo just realised this and them unbanning is them trying to lull everyone into a false sense of security, "Oh yeah, it was just a mistake with our servers, use public headers to your hearts content, we won't ban you. :evil:"

storm75x

Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!
Trophies
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
Website
www.fort42.com
XP
Country

If I was Nintendo and figured out a way to detect and ban consoles using illegal devices to play games online, I wouldn't ban them as it happened or they'll become aware quite quickly(as happened).
I'd wait, lull everyone into a false sense of security, secretly log the consoles that go online illegally and mass ban them once a considerable amount of ID's have been logged.

Maybe Nintendo just realised this and them unbanning is them trying to lull everyone into a false sense of security, "Oh yeah, it was just a mistake with our servers, use public headers to your hearts content, we won't ban you. :evil:"
And strike their preys on N3DS.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It could potentially be seen as a first warning that they're capable of doing these things now. They might be trying to steer as many people as possible off the path of piracy with this ban threat.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Online play with pirated games is a pipe dream anyways. PC games have always used CD-keys to prevent this, I don't see how this header thing is different.

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time an anti-piracy dickhead makes a stupid comment, I start pirating something I'd normally pay for.

I'm now pirating your mum.

Well yes. I weak. That one hit a funny bone.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back on topic, I love pirating because it gives me the ability to try before I buy.
I really don't want to buy a crappy game. And since gateway came out, there where a lot of games that I did not really like that much and pirating saved me from buying it.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Back on topic, I love pirating because it gives me the ability to try before I buy.
I really don't want to buy a crappy game. And since gateway came out, there where a lot of games that I did not really like that much and pirating saved me from buying it.

Yeah, because isn't that really what 99.9% of pirates do? We totally just wanna test the game and then buy them. If we like a game, we buy it ASAP 100% of the time.

zannalabianca

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, because isn't that really what 99.9% of pirates do? We totally just wanna test the game and then buy them. If we like a game, we buy it ASAP 100% of the time.

Yeah, and testing (like me) Online features of the ''Game'' downloaded for a ''demo version(?l?o?l)''
It's legit, really!
please FUNtendo, Uban Me!...

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, I have been unbanned. Time Stamp : 2/23/2015 12:41 AM. Just checked.

Checked only the friends list, but I did not get the error code, and it showed me as "Online". Time to get some private headers.

I'll be sleep, but I just wanted to let people know that this "Unban" wave probably holds some truth.

Reactions: Margen67

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either it was a warning, or the multiple headers caused a glitch that they proceeded to fix. nintendo is not known for banning systems.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Doubt it, if it wasn't a mistake, they probably backed off because legitimate users were being banned.
Public headers come from somewhere, and with a valuable second-hand market, it's not in Nintendo's best interest.

Nintendo just aren't Ubisoft is all.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think it was just a taste of what is coming. It could be possible that they could be creating a new error code for banned consoles, then they will require all users to update to the newer firmware (probably will be 9.6.0) in order to view their friend list or play online multiplayer in games.

Or it could be possible that they were trying out banning consoles and unbanned them when they realized that the public headers also banned legitimate game cards as well. I'm sure Nintendo will release an official statement soon regarding the bans on 3DS consoles sooner or later.

tc09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm being unbanned as well. Not exactly sure how long I was banned for but I know it was at least 2 weeks but no more than 3. I'm on a US Region 3DS XL. Hope this helps in any way!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??