Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
replace rxtools,dat and firmware.bin with the new ones(redownload firmware.bin with the python script)
The script don't work for me, can you please upload the firmware.bin?
And what's the utility of the ability to launch rxtool in sysnand?

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok thanks, i've the latest python that's the reason probably, but AGB works without any patches right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the installation data suite has to launch everytime ?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
ok thanks, i've the latest python that's the reason probably, but AGB works without any patches right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the installation data suite has to launch everytime ?
It will only launch first time if it installs correctly, and yeah, no patches required

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It will only launch first time if it installs correctly, and yeah, no patches required

Weird thing it give me this everytime (it put a X when installing and then launch rxtool), when i've launch rxtool in sysnand and play TWL game, it has disabled the MSET exploit, but the feature is in no ?
TWL (DS and DSi) support only on sysNAND ?
And the downgrade MSET on sysnand allow us to install the MSET even in 9.2?

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to launch rxTools in SysNAND mode with signatures patched (to install DS / GBA stuff). My SysNAND is 4.5. I'm on the rxTools 2.6 release from GitHUB and rxTools EmuNAND works fine (signatures patched etc) as does rxTools in normal SysNAND mode (without Signatures patched). When exactly are you supposed to hold down X+ A ? I don't see any DevMode option in the menu. I'm clearly messing something up here, so if someone could set me straight that would be great.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an X at data install too, I have sure that I am using the right files because I installed 2.6 on another 3ss with the same ones and everything worked in the first try. =/

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
The Downgrade MSET option is there, so that if you've already got it installed (say via Cubic Ninja or a Brower Exploit or what have you) you can launch it more easily via MSET. You obviously can't use it to downgrade MSET without a point of entry.

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Getting an X at data install too, I have sure that I am using the right files because I installed 2.6 on another 3ss with the same ones and everything worked in the first try. =/

yeah pretty annoying, and I use the right files from github :X

The Downgrade MSET option is there, so that if you've already got it installed (say via Cubic Ninja or a Brower Exploit or what have you) you can launch it more easily via MSET. You obviously can't use it to downgrade MSET without a point of entry.

Right now i'm on sysnand 4.5, but i've a backup of my 9.2 nand, so i can take back my 9.2 sysnand and install my old rxtool files, then downgrade the MSET and then install the MSET on 9.2?

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
When trying to launch rxTools from DS Profile it just crashes to home menu with "An error has occurred".
I'm on sysnand 9.2.0-20E and have downgraded MSET, and installed the ROP chain with rxinstaller.nds.
Launching from Spider works fine.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't seem to launch rxTools in SysNAND mode with signatures patched (to install DS / GBA stuff). My SysNAND is 4.5. I'm on the rxTools 2.6 release from GitHUB and rxTools EmuNAND works fine (signatures patched etc) as does rxTools in normal SysNAND mode (without Signatures patched). When exactly are you supposed to hold down X+ A ? I don't see any DevMode option in the menu. I'm clearly messing something up here, so if someone could set me straight that would be great.
There is no "rxTools in normal SysNAND mode (without Signatures patched)", it's either rx emunand or rx sysnand, both signature patched. Devmode is not required anymore, you can play DSi and GBA from patched sysnand, and just GBA from patched emunand. I don't think holding X+A or just X works anymore (for me at least), just go to the menu and select which mode you want to launch, it is faster.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
So how do you install DS / GBAstuff on SysNAND then ? I can't get Big Red Menu or FBI to launch. I assume I can just install it on EmuNAND since mine are linked but if they weren't ?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So how do you install DS / GBAstuff on SysNAND then ? I can't get Big Red Menu or FBI to launch. I assume I can just install it on EmuNAND since mine are linked but if they weren't ?
FBI Inject to sysnand-> install cia in sysnand. Since you are linked, even if it gives you a "already exists" error, you can launch it. Just make sure you are in patched sysnand, not normal sysnand

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I'm still confused. I don't think I can start FBI on SysNAND even if I inject it over Health & Safety (I'm still on Sysnand 4.5), and I can't launch the FBI / Big Red Menu CIAs from EmuNAND when I'm on rxTools SysMenu. When I launch FBI on EmuNAND it doesn't have an option to Inject to SysNAND (just Destination SD card or NAND but judging from the space available that looks like it actually installs to real NAND storage rather than installing a program for use on SysNAND). I'm probably missing something stupidly obvious.

Edit - Nevermind. Worked it out. The DS mode is for using DSiWare or physical carts or a DS Flash Card. You can't launch DS titles from SD Card or anything. And the GBA virtual console stuff can be installed via CIAs.

Last edited by Elaugaufein,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For me it works very well, except for the sysnand bugs, but that's not in my way right now :P.

@SektorZero you should indicate that your sysnand was updated thorugh a gamecart from 2.0 FW, maybe there's something wrong because I remember AGB isn't included in retail cart updates.

@Roxas75 you should add a temporary log file generation so everyone here cand post the results, or some kind of debug info on the bottom screen until it gets fixed, maybe it will help a lot.

Reactions: SektorZero

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I'm still confused. I don't think I can start FBI on SysNAND even if I inject it over Health & Safety (I'm still on Sysnand 4.5), and I can't launch the FBI / Big Red Menu CIAs from EmuNAND when I'm on rxTools SysMenu. When I launch FBI on EmuNAND it doesn't have an option to Inject to SysNAND (just Destination SD card or NAND but judging from the space available that looks like it actually installs to real NAND storage rather than installing a program for use on SysNAND). I'm probably missing something stupidly obvious.

Edit - Nevermind. Worked it out. The DS mode is for using DSiWare or physical carts or a DS Flash Card. You can't launch DS titles from SD Card or anything. And the GBA virtual console stuff can be installed via CIAs.
As long as you got it working :yaysp:

Just fyi, Destination Nand is different depending on if you are in emunand or sysnand. If you launched FBI while in emunand, destination nand means it will install to the hidden emunand partition on your sd card; if in sysnand, destination nand refers to the actual nand of your 3ds, where system titles and DSi titles are installed to (although FBI allows us to install cias anywhere).

Also just to be clear, when I said "Inject FBI to sysnand", I was referring to the option in the rxtools menu, not FBI itself. Obviously you have to be in sysnand to install to sysnand, that's why you needed to inject FBI to sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44