Hacking Superslim Questions

dracanth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks, I've had a super slim for a while now and am interested in trying to hack it. I know I'll need to go the HEN route which is fine, but before I start messing with it a few questions:
  • How is emulation compatibility/performance with PS1, PS2, and PSP? (These are the main systems I'd want to emulate)
  • How easy is it to install ISOs to the hard drive?
  • Do I need to worry about the super slim overheating when emulating games?
  • What other cool homebrew is available through HEN?
Thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps1 should be full or close to fully compatible since all ps3 systems are supposed to be bc, ps2 games are hit and miss, but you can usually use a config file to help with that, psp is pretty lousy tbh. ps2 games must be on the internal hdd, and if you're using hen, they must be encrypted as ps2 classics.

isos are very easy to add to PSXISO, PS3ISO, folders. mind you, I've never used hen, so I don't know if there are limitations in any way beyond ps2 classics.

the superslim is very unlikely to overheat. I have one, and it's cool as hell, can't even hear the fan even when it's been on for hours and you're close to it.

maybe webman mod, retroarch, apollo. I don't use a lot of homebrew really except for webman mod.

Reactions: dracanth

dracanth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps1 should be full or close to fully compatible since all ps3 systems are supposed to be bc, ps2 games are hit and miss, but you can usually use a config file to help with that, psp is pretty lousy tbh. ps2 games must be on the internal hdd, and if you're using hen, they must be encrypted as ps2 classics.

isos are very easy to add to PSXISO, PS3ISO, folders. mind you, I've never used hen, so I don't know if there are limitations in any way beyond ps2 classics.

the superslim is very unlikely to overheat. I have one, and it's cool as hell, can't even hear the fan even when it's been on for hours and you're close to it.

maybe webman mod, retroarch, apollo. I don't use a lot of homebrew really except for webman mod.
Cool, thanks so much for the reply. So no hope of solid psp emulation as it currently stands?

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I messed with my Superslim but I last used it to play The Dracula X Chronicles with some issues. This page mentions that and many more.

I used HEN and remember the struggle of getting ISOs more of an issue rather than actually downloading them, but I think I turned them into pkgs. Still, some games may have a special patch to download to make thing like DLC work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol