Hacking Supercard DS2 support..

sn0wfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Before my 1 week old acekard, i've been a R4 person. I'm just wondering if the Supercard is as well supported(regular updates/fixes) as acekard or M3(i think they're not fastest, but they're consistent)

Thinking if its worth my while to sell off my AK2i to preorder the Supercard DS2.

What i'm concerned about is updates, so switch to Supercard or hold on to Acekard? Your opinions?
smile.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sn0wfish said:
Before my 1 week old acekard, i've been a R4 person. I'm just wondering if the Supercard is as well supported(regular updates/fixes) as acekard or M3(i think they're not fastest, but they're consistent)

Thinking if its worth my while to sell off my AK2i to preorder the Supercard DS2.

What i'm concerned about is updates, so switch to Supercard or hold on to Acekard? Your opinions?
smile.gif

Well I have a M3i0 and I have pre ordered the Supercard as it is just superior in every way to all available flashcart if it lives up to its expectations. I have a Ds Lite and so if needs be could buy a slot 2 but I'd enjoy playing Gba games ( As well as Snes ) on slot 1. Supercard are also very well supported and do make regular update and fixes

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there's going to be a GBA compat list up once people get there cards, it will most likely make or break me getting one.

If it can't handle games like Mario Kart, or the world map in Golden sun, then I don't see the GBA emulation as being too terribly important to myself.

sn0wfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Comrade Cough said:
I was wondering if there's going to be a GBA compat list up once people get there cards, it will most likely make or break me getting one.

If it can't handle games like Mario Kart, or the world map in Golden sun, then I don't see the GBA emulation as being too terribly important to myself.
unsure.gif
compatibility list for the GBA? I was thinking the compatibility should be comparable to slot 2 GBAs..

is there any benefits to playing GBA games on slot 1 than in slot 2?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sn0wfish said:
Comrade Cough said:

unsure.gif
compatibility list for the GBA? I was thinking the compatibility should be comparable to slot 2 GBAs..

Just the fact that there is nothing in your slot 2, and for Dsi, DsiXl users they don't have a slot 2 and so this is the only way to play GBA

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sn0wfish said:
Comrade Cough said:

unsure.gif

Slot 2:
Erm, well, playing in a Slot 2 device guarantees you have a Slot 2, which means you are using a GBA/NDSphat/NDSlite, which means it has the GBA CPU built in, thus giving it 100% compat.

The only benefit I see to emulating in slot 1:
Not having to have a slot 2. Not needing to own a slot 2 card.

But I can almost say with complete assurance that it will not have 100% compatibility.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Of course it's not going to have 100% compat with all GBA games on launch, the SC DS2 isn't as evolved as many very good Slot 2 solutions (such as the EZFlash 3 in 1). If you have one of those, then you're set.

I probably won't be getting one because:

1- Already have an Acekard 2i, and it's awesome.
2- GBA emulation - have an EZFlash 3in1 for that.
3- Video codecs? I prefer to watch it on my PSP (bigger screens and better quality)

Let's hope the GUI is better than the DS-X. To me, former owner of one, nothing can compare to the beauty of that awesome OS. Shame the team were absolutely crap, but eh.

For people who have a DSi/DSiXL, it's great if you want to play GBA or watch videos on larger screens. As for NDS compatibility, well, I bet it'll have 100% (which is pretty much the standard of a pinnacle cart nowadays - like AK2 and Cyclo).

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
sn0wfish said:

I've had Supercards since the CF version (acquired in 1843 or thereabouts) - the CF version is still supported, though it looks ridiculous now stuck in a DS Lite
gbasp.gif
- so far they've not failed to produce an update, sometimes takes a while, or the update is unofficial (but posted in the Supercard forums over at eng.supercard.sc) but there's always been one.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Comrade Cough said:
sn0wfish said:
Comrade Cough said:

unsure.gif

Slot 2:
Erm, well, playing in a Slot 2 device guarantees you have a Slot 2, which means you are using a GBA/NDSphat/NDSlite, which means it has the GBA CPU built in, thus giving it 100% compat.

The only benefit I see to emulating in slot 1:
Not having to have a slot 2. Not needing to own a slot 2 card.
Cheaper and works for DSi and DSi XL users (which don't have a slot 2)

But I can almost say with complete assurance that it will not have 100% compatibility.
No emulator has 100% compatibility.
Also fix'd

sn0wfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmmm, then i guess its quite set that i should go without it.

Its always nice to have GBA emulation on slot 1. But i have a DSLite, so its possible for me to get the EZ flash 3in1. If i had a DSi or DS XL, i'll definitely get the Supercard DS2
tongue.gif

Shall wait and see how it goes after the release then
smile.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sn0wfish said:
Well, the AK2i isn't officially supported, we have Normmatt to thank for the AKAIO.

As for M3, they're horrible at supporting a product once they've released a new one. Just look at their slot-2 cards, they stopped updating as soon as the M3 simply came out. Compare this to the Supercard slot-2 cards, which are STILL updated even today.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
I've ordered the Supercard DSTWO because I want an all-in-one solution as I have an iPlayer for videos, a Supercard DSONEi for EOS, different flashcarts for teh ROMz & a Supercard SD & EZ 3in1 for teh GBA ROMz.

Anyway yes, they still support Supercard SD so support is strong. They have great support in my opinion.

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prowler485 said:
No emulator has 100% compatibility.
Also fix'd
I know. That is why I said it.
Also this bit:
"Not having to have a slot 2." So that means DSi/DSXL, so you didn't really 'fix' anything. You just made it redundant.

/Apu voice "Thank you, come again."

I'll be getting one as soon as:

1) The GBA games I want to play are playable all the way through.
2) The price of the 3DS, to know if I should just save my money.
 2.1) If the SuperCard team plans on updating this so it works on the 3DS* (I can just feel you guys quoting and bolding this.)
3) I know longer have a working Slot-2 device.

Hell, I don't even know why I particularly want it, I can just play GBA on my PSP, and not have to pay for any add-on carts or cards to do so. I guess I just like the feel of the NDSlite in my hands more than the PSP.

*Once the 3DS comes out, I wonder what kind of Copy Protection it will have? Will it carry some in the NDS slot, and make null any NDS flashcart? (Likely) And if so, will currently (At the time the 3DS comes out.) supported cards try to bypass it? GBA carts did it with the NDS (With a passcard.) maybe NDS cards can do it with the 3DS with an equivalent.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I decided to buy one even though the GBA support is kind of an unknown right now (also, what about the mentioned SNES emulation than they don't seem to be mentioning anymore?) mostly because I really love to play with new hardware like that. Also, the cheat searching functions are the kind of thing I love to play with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.