Super Mario Galaxy and USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by a2537008, Apr 5, 2010.

Apr 5, 2010
  1. a2537008
    OP

Newcomer a2537008 Newbie

United States
    Hello, i've been using this guide to enable backup playing on my recently bought Wii..
    http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/how...d-or-usb-drive/

The version is PAL, 4.2e and i was already able to load two games (Sports Resort and New Super Mario Bros) with the GX loader from Sony 8GB USB flash drive (formatted and managed with WBFS manager).. So, the modification is successful but no matter what i try i cannot load Super Mario Galaxy. After running, it just goes back to wii menu.. Are thre any special settings for loading this game? I have already tried different IOSes but nothing helped.. Anything else i could try?

In the guide, (i think that) patched ISO36 is installed, then cIOS202, 222, 223, 224 (v4?) and 249, 250 (v19).

After that, i downloaded wad file for r921 of USB Loader GX and installed it as channel..

Besides the error with loading Super Mario Galaxy i also have the issue of long start of USB Loader GX first time after the Wii powerup. It takes almost 2 minutes to start [​IMG] Any help with that?

Thanks!

2. ace1o1

Newcomer ace1o1 Member

United States
    Have you tried installing the game to your flash drive via USB Loader GX?

Adding some games via WBFS Manager can sometimes corrupt the images and make them unplayable.
    Try installing the game through USB Loader GX to your flash drive.
    --Just insert the game when you boot up USB Loader GX and click install game.
    --Let it read the disc and then click yes to install the game.

I can play Super Mario Galaxy perfectly on my Wii.

I don't know what's wrong with your Wii with the delay though. [​IMG]

3. a2537008
    OP

Newcomer a2537008 Newbie

United States
    You were right, i made backup of the game from USB Loader GX and not from the previously created ISO and it started to work..

Still have that issue with long startup delay tho.. It might be disk related (or SD card related). Will try to play with it (as i'm planning to buy larger HDD to rip all of my games). If anyone had similar problems or idea on how to solve it, please post [​IMG] Thanks!