CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Oh, and IGN did an un-boxing video for the package. Pretty lackluster to say the least, considering the book is just printed on a game manual... I kinda hoped for a hardcover book of some sort.

Arfiol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbproject.hostoi.com
XP
Country
I'm not completely in on the whole thing, but I find something to be very strange.
It is Mario's 25th anniversary if you count the start of his life as SMB1, however, the commercial (at least in Sweden) advertises it like this:

"To celebrate Mario's 25th anniversary, we are releasing a special red Wii that comes with Donkey Kong, the first game Mario was in."

Whoa, whoa. Donkey Kong was released in 1981, right? I know he was called "Jumpman" back then, but if the commercial claims it to be the first Mario game, then why are they celebrating his 25th anniversary? I think they should just leave Donkey Kong out of the whole thing, since, if it truly is Mario's 25th anniversary, then Donkey Kong isn't a Mario game.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bxlegend said:
does the update brick 4.3u wii with homebrew and cios?
Wut? oh you mean if you update with the disk? Then your cios will be overwritten with stubs.Thats all it youll have to reinstall them ; it wont brick it.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arfiol said:
I'm not completely in on the whole thing, but I find something to be very strange.
It is Mario's 25th anniversary if you count the start of his life as SMB1, however, the commercial (at least in Sweden) advertises it like this:

"To celebrate Mario's 25th anniversary, we are releasing a special red Wii that comes with Donkey Kong, the first game Mario was in."

Whoa, whoa. Donkey Kong was released in 1981, right? I know he was called "Jumpman" back then, but if the commercial claims it to be the first Mario game, then why are they celebrating his 25th anniversary? I think they should just leave Donkey Kong out of the whole thing, since, if it truly is Mario's 25th anniversary, then Donkey Kong isn't a Mario game.

it is a celebrating the 25th anniversery of super mario bros, not donkey kong or mario bros. the commercial isnt lying, the first game mario featured in was donkey kong yes

cr235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im running this off a usb drive using wiiflow and whenever i try to play any of the games i get kicked back to the all stars screen

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
cr235 said:
im running this off a usb drive using wiiflow and whenever i try to play any of the games i get kicked back to the all stars screen
use the rom.smc in snes9x gx it works perfectly don't waste your time with this it's NO different!
tongue.gif

crystalhao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meh, i think i might pass on this one. already got these games on nes, kinda wish this came with new super mario bros wii instead

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depends if you want this for collecting purposes, which is mostly the cd and book describing the games and other things related to Mario. But other than that it is just a complete emulation of the SNES game which is not a bad thing in my opinion. Plus I think the cd is cool, with all the main Mario themes.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought it, just as a collectors item, and I never finished any of the old mario games.
The soundtrack CD was kinda disappointing, it only had the theme song of every game (Super Mario Bros to Super Mario Galaxy 2) and SFX from Super Mario Bros. Still great though.
The history booklet had developer commentary translated into English, and sketches and concept art but in Japanese (too bad).
The All-Stars disc just had the games (Super Mario Bros 1,2,3 and Lost Levels), but they're emulated perfectly. Only problem I seem to have with the game is that the screen is not 'perfectly' centered (or atleast while using USB CFG, I play it from USB else I have to update my Wii).
So you should only get it if you REALLY like Mario and want it as a collectors item (like me).

(Someone may have beaten me too it already but whatever)

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I also just got it mostly as a collectors item; haven't even opened it, dunno if I will. The CD could've been much better... I mean they could've put 80 minutes of music on there, or maybe even had 2 full CDs. But all we got was one 25-minute disc with some scattered selections, and sound effects. It might not be so annoying if game soundtracks typically got released in North America, but if you want Mario music on CD other than this disappointing offering you've really got no choice but to import overpriced Japanese CDs.

It seems like a good collectible, though. This was completely sold out everywhere around my city a mere 2 days after its release, and of course they won't be restocking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.